What's new

How to undo jailbreak?

mdholm

Reaction score
Hey, quick question, please. My son jailbroke my phone and I find myself just meh on the whole thing. Can I just do the latest update to undo it or do I need to do something else? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Yes, you can just connect it to [the most recent version of] iTunes and select the "Restore" button. But, before you do, make sure you make a backup so you can restore all your data , contacts, etc.

Marilyn

Yes, you can just connect it to [the most recent version of] iTunes and select the "Restore" button. But, before you do, make sure you make a backup so you can restore all your data , contacts, etc.

Marilyn

Make sure it's in DFU mode as well. Otherwise you'll be walled off with errors. Here's a guide as well for your convenience.

If I backup now won't it back up the jailbreak? I can't just select the latest update on my phone? Sorry to sound so dense; my son did this; I don't know much about it.

No. Backing up using iTunes only backs up stock Apple app data like contacts, numbers, texts, iMessages and some settings as well as notes, photos, videos, etc. The works. And no, you need to put it into DFU mode or you'll end up with a bunch of errors that all points to you needing to do it.

Follow the guide in the previous post.

<sigh>

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net