What's new

How to uncrop video?

Jack parker

Reaction score
Hi just noticed that the video on the camera (iPhone 5c with latest update) and I noticed that when filming its a bit zoomed in and I want to use it as a headcam when on my mountain bike. I noticed there used to be a feature where you could double tap the screen whilst in video mode and it would go to a zoomed out letterbox ratio. How do I zoom out the video so I can see more whilst filming?

Hi just noticed that the video on the camera (iPhone 5c with latest update) and I noticed that when filming its a bit zoomed in and I want to use it as a headcam when on my mountain bike. I noticed there used to be a feature where you could double tap the screen whilst in video mode and it would go to a zoomed out letterbox ratio. How do I zoom out the video so I can see more whilst filming?
The iPhone 5 and newer already have a wide aspect ratio screen. What you see on the screen when recording is what you get. The default is the widest angle view you can get. The double tap works with the iPhone 4S and earlier as well as with the iPad.