What's new

How to turn off 3G?

EWyatt

Reaction score
Silly newbie question, sorry. How does one turn off the 3G function (temporarily) of the iPhone4 and still leave the voice/phone function operational? As I understand, the Airplane mode cuts everything off. Help! Note: I write this not having done enough homework of my own...

Settings->general->network -> enable 3G->slide to on or off.

Thanks for that krist8 -- I should have done that on my own. But since we're on a roll what about the slider just below the 3G slider -- called "cellular data?" Does this need to be shut off also if I need to shut off all data activity? Or is that for something else?
Thanks again!

any time i have turned off the 3g,my phone goes strait to E/edge connection
so,im assuming the cell data shuts it all off

I don't have the option to just turn 3G of on the iPhone 4. It's all or nothing. Unless I use the toggle in SBsettings.

On my 3GS I could turn 3G of and leave edge on or turn everything off...

I don't have the option to just turn 3G of on the iPhone 4. It's all or nothing. Unless I use the toggle in SBsettings.]

See above. And I just checked my iP4 and it does indeed allow me the option to turm off 3G and "cellular data" as mentioned above. Unless I misunderstand your message......

Nope. You didn't misunderstand. I don't have the option to turn off 3G only. Its mobile data on or off...

f2289acf.jpg

Last edited: