What's new

How to transfer apps (NON Cydia) from jailbroken iPhone5 to unjailbroken iPhone 6 plus?

TomWoodgeard

Reaction score
Hello everyone. a newbie here. I have a jailbroken iPhone 5 and want to transfer my apps (Non Cydia) to my new iPhone 6 plus. Will I have a problem?

I am running 6.1 because I didn't want to lose my jailbreak by running the new version.

Is there any way to transfer my Cydia apps to my new phone also, or do I lose them?

Thanks for any and all replys.........Tom Woodgeard - Sarasota, FL

Since you're talking about a jailbroken iPhone I've moved your post to the iPhone Jailbreaking Forum where it will receive more attention.

Hello everyone. a newbie here. I have a jailbroken iPhone 5 and want to transfer my apps (Non Cydia) to my new iPhone 6 plus. Will I have a problem?

I am running 6.1 because I didn't want to lose my jailbreak by running the new version.

Is there any way to transfer my Cydia apps to my new phone also, or do I lose them?

Thanks for any and all replys.........Tom Woodgeard - Sarasota, FL

The easiest way to get your new iPhone up and running is to make a backup of the iPhone 5. Then, connect the iPhone 6 Plus to iTunes and select "Restore Backup." iTunes will put everything from the iPhone 5 onto the iPhone 6. You will have all your apps, settings and data from the 5 put onto the 6.

You won't be able to transfer your jailbroken Cydia tweaks over. What may happen (not guaranteed) is that the .plists from the tweaks on your i5 may be put onto the i6 during the restore process. Then, should you choose to jailbreak the i6, those plists may have the tweak settings as they were on the i5.

If you put iOS 8.1.1 onto the i6, you will be able to jailbreak it with the new TaiG jailbreak tool. Actually, you can load iOS 8.1.1 onto the i5 and jailbreak IT with TaiG.

Either way, it's a rather easy process to move info/apps onto a new phone with iTunes. It does all the work.

Good luck and holler back if you have any more questions.

Marilyn