What's new

How to significantly speed up your iOS device.

Applelover

Reaction score
Because of the cheapskate that I am, I myself am using a first generation iPhone for the past 3 years. I understand how frustating it is when games start lagging on your iDevice or when the device crashes and reboots itself when it can’t process a heavy application because of the hardware limitations that it has.
That being said, there is a remedy to your frustration. You can do these steps to speed up your iOS device significantly. The first set of steps can be performed on any iPhone, but the advanced tweaking requires a jailbroken iPhone in order to SSH into the system files. I myself have tried the advanced tweaking steps on my iPhone 1st generation and it sped my phone up significantly without causing any damage.

Read more: How to significantly speed up your jailbroken iOS device | TechDeville

I personally didn't try it but a friend did try it on his iPhone classic and the speed boost was just amazing. Can't say much about the RAM but still the phone stopped lagging and was pretty quick to respond after doing these steps.

Is the advance tweak apply to only the first gen of iphone? Or the iphone4 is also in the list?

No idea mate i cant risk my i4, but i can say that it will have negligible speed effect on the 4 since the 4 is already quite fast.