What's new

How to share apps with me and wifes 2 iphones??

roadwarrior6470

Reaction score
I have a iphone and wife has one. we have seperate itunes accounts. Is there a way where she can share here games and apps with my iphone? I just got my account and I dont have any money on it yet.

I don't know if it can be done using separate accounts but if you use the same account you can share purchases easily with up to 5 different devices...

First, plug in one iPhone and right click on it's name, in the "Devices" area in the left hand column, and change it's name, so both phones will have a different name.
The advantages of one account are that you can share apps, music, and movies, and at the same time have different things on each iPad. But, first, click on FILE on the top left of the screen, and click Preferences. Select the DEVICES tab and check the box before "Prevent iPod, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically." Also, on the APPS tab for your iPhone make sure the box before "Automatically sync new apps." is not checked unless you both want to have all the same apps on your iPhones.Under the MUSIC tab check box before "Sync Music", and then check the box before "Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres.". Then check the Artist or songs you want to put on your iPhone. That way each of you can have the music you each like on your iPhones. You can also do a similar thing with apps and movies. Two accounts are confusing and expensive if you want to share.
__

I aready made a account already. and so did wife with her phone and she bought some apps I want. does it still matter and does she have to be autharized on the computer with my phone hooked up? And does she need to be logged in with hers.

If your using two computers just log into the wifes account on both then authorise them. Then you can sync the phone to a different iTunes library but keep the same iTunes purchases. To download the same purchases on the second computer click the store tab and choose check for availible downloads...

Which ever one of you that has the most paid apps, or at least the most expensive apps on your account should be the one both of you sync on. On the account you decide to use, lets say your wife's account for our purposes, you have to restore your iPhone as new. In other words start over with a clean iPhone, and then add the apps you want to your part of the account. Your wife's will still have everything as always. You may have to re-purchase a few apps under her account to get back where you were before. Yes it may cost a few dollars, but from here on, you will be sharing apps and that will save you quite a few dollars.

You may want to double check these instructions, but, start up iTunes with your wife's account, plug in your iPhone. It should say that your iPhone is on a different account, do you want to restore as new, say yes, and it should restore your iPhone as new, allowing you to start over again. Now you should be able to use your wife's apps and music etc. and add your own apps back into iTunes so both of you will be able to use them. If you haven't gotten too many apps already this should save you a lot of money in the future.

I didn't know you could do that. My wife just uses my account.