What's new

How to set up a passcode to "phone" or "call"

shainyoon

Reaction score
Hello, I have a question on how to block my phone.
My two year old boy touches iphone and sometimes makes even international calls.

Is there any way to set up a passcode or lock for only phoning?
I am fine with my boy touching camera, album and so on.
But I want to only block dialing (only international dialing is fine too).

Paid application is also welcome.

Thanks.

You can set a pass code for auto lock, but it won't disable the springboard button so voice dialling is still possible, and be warned 10 wrong code attempts and your phone is wiped.

I'd suggest keep your iPhone phone out of his reach, as iPhones infamously don't like getting wet, perhaps get hold of a cheap phone for him to play with.

You can set a pass code for auto lock, but it won't disable the springboard button so voice dialling is still possible, and be warned 10 wrong code attempts and your phone is wiped.

I'd suggest keep your iPhone phone out of his reach, as iPhones infamously don't like getting wet, perhaps get hold of a cheap phone for him to play with.

actually the phone wont wipe unless you have it enabled. if it's not enabled it will just lock up

iCrank said:
actually the phone wont wipe unless you have it enabled. if it's not enabled it will just lock up

+1. If this feature is disabled, all that'll happen is the password prompt will keep popping up until you enter the correct code!

My bad whoops :)

when I bought mine a year ago, I set it to wipe as I keep sensitive data in my iPhone, forgot the wipe was optional.
Still, it has highlighted a function that could be enabled and be a pest g the lad did wipe it :)

I have put 2 dummy contacts in my address book AAA & ZZZ with no numbers, so accidental or 'butt' calls are reduced.