What's new

How to reset iphone 4S with broken screen

Flowers1978

Reaction score
I am trying to restore to original factory setting so I can sell for parts but I cannot restore through itunes on my mac due to message about turning off the "find my iphone" setting. I cannot do this because I cannot access my iphone. Is there a way to restore to factory setting through the computer but without using restore through itunes?

I am trying to restore to original factory setting so I can sell for parts but I cannot restore through itunes on my mac due to message about turning off the "find my iphone" setting. I cannot do this because I cannot access my iphone. Is there a way to restore to factory setting through the computer but without using restore through itunes?

It won't matter that you can't turn off "find my phone" to restore. When you restore, at some point in the process, iTunes will ask you to input the AppleID and password for the phone. Once you input that, it's the same as if you turned off "find my phone" and iTunes will restore the phone as normal. You don't need to access the phone or turn off the details - as long as you have your Apple ID (and password) for the phone.

That's the only way as you can't restore a phone without iTunes.

Marilyn