What's new

how to "prepare" my iphone before jailbreaking??

apoel1986

Reaction score
how to "prepare" my iphone before jailbreaking??

iphone 4s

Back it up and do a full restore right before jail breaking. That's what I have always done.

Backup your device, update it using iTunes, save your SHSH blobs, wait.

And emphasis on saving your blobs. Once an iOS is released, immediately save your blobs the first instance you can or within the next 48 hours of the release so you won't forget. It's extremely important if god orbit anything happens to your device while it's jailbroken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

I updated my iphone 5 yesterday. Saving your blobs takes about 10 secs to do.

Is the size of the blob meant to be around 0.5mb??

Yes. All blobs are are basically "authorization keys" if you will, like a password. You can basically buy a 1 tera hard drive and store 20 year's worth of SHSH blob for every single device for every single iOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Last edited:
...and how do you save SHSH Blobs again? iPhone 4s 6.0.1 >>>noob

Using RedSn0w or TinyUmbrella. The only blobs you can save now are iOS 6.1 blobs.

im on ios 4.3.3 jb, if i update it to 6.1 will that screw up my current jb?

t6lock said:

Yes, of course. But new jailbreak is coming soon....

Yes, of course. But new jailbreak is coming soon....
Essentially yes. However, if you're on 4.3.3 that means you're using an iPhone 4 or 3GS. If you update to 6.1 right now... you'll still have a Tethered ONLY Jailbreak using redsn0w.

Note that all upgrades to the iOS will mess up your jailbreak, even if it's an OTA hotfix.

I am on 5.1.1 jb. Curious as to what I should do before I update to 6.1 and then the untethered 6.1 jb? I am going to wait till that is available. Will I lose what I have and basically "start from scratch" with the new jb?