What's new

How to place tracks on iPhone in accordance to second grade algebra?

paskov

Reaction score
I gave up on Apple support so I joined this iPhone forum today. For whatever reason, Apple people mindset was not created to think mathematically. When I download books to the iPhone, track 10 and any track whose number starts with 1 is placed before track 2. And so on. Track 3444 is placed before track 4. You get the picture. According to Apple support, it is all my problem; to solve it I must go into Get Info of every track and change the number to meet proper sequence. There must be a better solution. Please, help.
Thanks

paskov

Yes, this is about audio books. Each book CD is divided into tracks, first book starts with track 1 and generally has 15 to 16 tracks. A book is typically 5 to 12 CDs. If a book has author/album I can sequence the tracks, but if not, then it is a pain changing track names in Get Info, one track at a time. What does it take for Apple to understand that 5 is less than 22?

This all started a few versions ago. To be fair Microsoft's OS does it as of the last couple of versions also. They now treat numbers like text (because programmers have forgotten that numbers don't work like that).

Apple never had "numerical sort" as far as I can tell. So, there is no solution? This is crazy.

Yes, this is about audio books. Each book CD is divided into tracks, first book starts with track 1 and generally has 15 to 16 tracks. A book is typically 5 to 12 CDs. If a book has author/album I can sequence the tracks, but if not, then it is a pain changing track names in Get Info, one track at a time. What does it take for Apple to understand that 5 is less than 22?

It should be 05 for it to realize it's less than 22. It's not smart enough to realize there aren't any digits behind it and that the 5 is in the ones place not the tens, hundreds, thousands, etc.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iPF.net

Problem is most likely that it doesn't store that as a number, but as text so adding a leading zero makes the first number less than the number 1 and will come before 10. But let's say you have 09, this will come before the number 5, so not the perfect solution. It should be smart enough to recognize a numerical character as a number and treat it accordingly, I'm just saying....