What's new

How to make YouTube links pop up in YouTube App and not safari?

irvineboy

Reaction score
On my iPhone 7, when I click YouTube links from email or text or websites, it will take me to the YouTube browser. How do I make it take me to the YouTube app?

When I hold down the link, it only gives me “Open, Open in new tab, Add to reading list, Copy, Share or Cancel”. Nothing about opening in YouTube app.

I went to settings and YouTube but couldn’t find anything. They only had “Siri and search, Notifications and Cellular Data”

On my iPhone 7, when I click YouTube links from email or text or websites, it will take me to the YouTube browser. How do I make it take me to the YouTube app?

When I hold down the link, it only gives me “Open, Open in new tab, Add to reading list, Copy, Share or Cancel”. Nothing about opening in YouTube app.

I went to settings and YouTube but couldn’t find anything. They only had “Siri and search, Notifications and Cellular Data”
You won’t be able to do that as it would violate the App sand boxing rules Apple has set up. It would require giving access to other apps and browsers.

That is not true because it works on my other iphones.

It does this automatically on all of my iDevices, when the app is installed, no matter whether of not I’m logged in. I couldn’t find a setting either.

Try removing the app and reinstalling it.

If that doesn’t fix it, do the following, when a video opens on the site instead of the browser:
Tap the Share button:
E6FD6517-68C8-4A9B-BA84-8BFD72FC19FA.jpeg

On the next screen, tap and hold the link:
355E89B9-31F3-4B02-8C35-E0FBEEDD23B5.jpeg

Then select “Open in “YouTube””:
26254E4F-4AC6-4287-8791-73645392130A.jpeg

Hope that helps.