What's new

How to keep apps from relocating after they are updated.

musiclover77

Reaction score
I am still pretty new to the iphone, but I am looking for a way to keep apps from relocating on the home screen, whenever they get updated. This is annoying, because I typically have all my apps in folders, and every time I update them, they move out of the folder, and have to be moved back. In doing this, sometimes while trying to put the app back, every app on the screen will move over one, and the whole thing gets whacked. My phone is jailbroken if that helps.

Anyone know of an app or a tweak that will force my apps to stay put, even after they are updated?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Mine does not do that. When apps get updated they stay where I have them.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

What if you have the app in a folder? Actually, this happens every time I update regardless, and has since I bought the phone. Strange that it does not happen to you. So I am clear, so are referring to the icons location on the home screen right?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

If I have apps in a folder or anywhere other than my main home screen. When they update they do not move. When I was JB I had folders in folders and they never moved when updated.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

They're not supposed to move upon updating, regardless of whether they're in a folder or not. If it's in a folder, you'll see the progress of the download and installation process on the Folder's icon. Nothing moves.