What's new

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Using JailbreakMe[4.0.0, 4.0.1]

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These are instructions on how to jailbreak any iPhone (including the iPhone 4) on iOS 4 using JailbreakMe by Comex. Before beginning make sure your device is activation on iOS 4.0.0 or 4.0.1.

Step One
Press to launch Safari from your Springboard.

37567.png

Step Two
Press to select the address bar and input no, seriously then press the Done button.

37568.png
37569.png

Step Three
To begin the jailbreak simply move the slider to right.

37560.png

Step Four
You will be displayed a status bar as the download progresses.

37561.png

Step Five
Once the download is complete the jailbreak process will begin

37562.png
37563.png

Step Six
Once you are notified that the jailbreak process is complete press the OK button.

37579.png
37580.png

Press the Home button to reveal Cydia on your desktop!

37565.png

Congratulations you are done!

A big thanks goes to Comex and the iPhone Dev-Team for their efforts and successes.

Last edited:
who is still on those old versions? Im currently on 4.2.6 and looking for a EASY way (like this) to get to 4.2.8..

But apparently this doesn't support that version? thats what i seem to be getting from the OP..

who is still on those old versions? Im currently on 4.2.6 and looking for a EASY way (like this) to get to 4.2.8..

But apparently this doesn't support that version? thats what i seem to be getting from the OP..
yep, jailbreakme.com lack updates for latest iOS but i think that they are cooking some thing which will support iOS 5, can't prove it though, all we have to do is wait and see.

it does say on the topic what versions of ios it works for...

some people are on older versions and do not upgrade... there is a tutorial how to jailbreak 4.2.8 also using redsn0w.

and jailbreakme 3.0 is going to be released soon and might be supporting the firmware you are on.

all the methods are easy

tap on settings> general> about and all the info is there

Jailbreakme 3.0 is out, i used it today to jailbreak my iphone 4. I have verizon and it is still 4.2.8 and jailbreakme 3.0 supports it. Easiest jailbreak of all time! Took about 10 seconds for me.

Yes I been updated for some days now, thanks for your input and it's good to know it worked well for you with no bugs, it's likely appke will release another fw now to close the jb. Though you don't have to upgrade so it won't be a prob

Go on gsm area there is a link on the to jailbreak within the iphone just likt jailbreakme.com but this is for newer updated phones

saurik Jay Freeman (saurik)
To be clear: do /not/ go back to jailbreakme.com and "redo" the jailbreak; instead, just open Cydia, and accept the new "Essential Upgrade".

The Only Problem is it will not work on the Iphone 3G :(

Tippin said:

B really careful with the 4.2.6. I have it and I'm a total lame in this technology but... I've been locked out of and stuck in safe mode for 2 weeks now I used greepois0n to jb please b cautious uless u have experience even then there still rnt n e answers to correct my prob only others I've been searching like crazzzzy

I'm getting my I-Phone 4 in a couple of days. I'm not sure what version it cones with. I don't want to crash my new phone. How easy is this to do?