What's new

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone Using Absinthe 2.0.4 (Windows) [5.1.1]

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
These are instructions on how to perform an untethered jailbreak of your iPhone on iOS 5.1.1 using Absinthe for Windows.

Warning***: Before you continue make sure to do a backup of your device in iTunes as you may lose your Camera Roll during this process.

I am aware that the screen shots do show absinthe 2.0 but the latest version is 2.0.4 with support for the latest build of 5.1.1 and also the ipad 2,4 is now supported. The process to jailbreak is still the same!

Step One
Download the latest version of Absinthe from
Absinthe 2.0 has arrived! | greenpois0n.com (scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see download links for absinthe 2.0.4)

Step Two
Extract the downloaded archive.

81063.png

Step Three
Double click the absinthe-win-2.0.4.exe file from the folder that was just extracted.

81064-500.png

This will create a new folder called absinthe-win-2.0.4

81066-500.png

Open the newly created folder and launch absinthe.exe.

81068-500.png

Step Three
As prompted, connect your iPhone to the computer via USB. Make sure to remove any passcodes or VPN settings you've previously set.

81077-500.png

Step Four
Click the Jailbreak button to begin

81069-500.png

Step Five
The application will take you through several steps to jailbreak including: beginning jailbreak, sending initial jailbreak data, sending final jailbreak data, waiting for reboot, and waiting for process to complete.

81070-500.png

81072-500.png

Step Six
You will be informed that the jailbreak is 'Done'.

81074-500.png

Step Seven
In a few moments you will notice Cydia appear on your Springboard!

81078-500.png

For our spanish speaking friends please use English or use the spanish section of the forum.

I'm trying to use this with my Firmware 5.1 iPhone 4S, but it keeps telling me:

"Sorry, the attached device is not supported."

What am I doing wrong...? I mean, I've jailbroken my iPad before, so I'm not completely new to this type of thing, but I don't know what's going wrong here.

Do I need to upgrade to the latest official firmware first?

gotmilk0112 said:
I'm trying to use this with my Firmware 5.1 iPhone 4S, but it keeps telling me:

"Sorry, the attached device is not supported."

What am I doing wrong...? I mean, I've jailbroken my iPad before, so I'm not completely new to this type of thing, but I don't know what's going wrong here.

Do I need to upgrade to the latest official firmware first?

you need to be on 5.1.1. 5.1 will not work with absinthe

Ah, alright then. I'm just stuck in the mindset of "latest official firmware = no jailbreak" from past experiences with PSP. :p

gotmilk0112 said:
Ah, alright then. I'm just stuck in the mindset of "latest official firmware = no jailbreak" from past experiences with PSP. :p

lololo

Yeah, back in the day with PSP hacking, Sony must have released at least 5 or 6 "firmware updates" that were just minor patches to fix jailbreak methods, and upgrading to the latest firmware pretty much meant no jailbreak. (until the Pandora Battery hack was discovered)

Anyways, upgraded to 5.1.1 and jailbreaked smoothly. Yay!

I've backed up my phone, and i've removed the passlock, but something keeps going wrong when i jailbreak.
I am on 5.1.1. i get as far with absinthe where it will say "Sending final jailbreak data. Your device will appear to be restoring a backup, this may also take a while...." but then after a while i get a message saying that "absinthe has stopped responding, until it wont respond any more then i have to close it, and start all again, and then the same thing happens. i've done it a total of 5 times before coming here to look for help.
any suggestions please??

um...no, i thought i just had to back it up..
so do i do that, then perform jailbreak, then itunes restore??

Just FYI but absinthe 2.0.4 was released and obviously the way to jailbreak is still the same but it might be worth downloading the latest version if you are having problems

kieron121 said:
um...no, i thought i just had to back it up..
so do i do that, then perform jailbreak, then itunes restore??

Yes.
Backup
Factory restore
Jailbreak
Restore backup

and for this i go go settings, general, reset, and 'erase all content and settings"??