What's new

How to Jailbreak 4S?

Guy229

Reaction score
sorry i dont understand how but i need to jailbreak my iphone. Its a 4S with 5.1.1 and it is under Rogers but i have a Gevey sim Ultra S to use my Virgin sim. It was never registered with a rogers card, i was the first to use it. I can't use mms and i heard theres jailbreak tools to get mms, so i am willing to unlock. I went through the steps with Absinthe and when it restarted my iphone it said it needed to be registered. So i had to cancel the jailbreak and restart my iphone and it was back to the way it was with no jailbreak. Help! Can i buy a unregistered rogers micro sim and put that in then jailbreak????

Last edited:
You sure can buy a rogers sim and stick it in for activation purposes. But, I am not sure about the 4s. I have done it with a telus 3gs i wanted to use with rogers. When I jb and hactivated it i had no push notifications. I used a telus sim and restored and it worked perfect.

sorry i dont understand how but i need to jailbreak my iphone. Its a 4S with 5.1.1 and it is under Rogers but i have a Gevey sim Ultra S to use my Virgin sim. It was never registered with a rogers card, i was the first to use it. I can't use mms and i heard theres jailbreak tools to get mms, so i am willing to unlock. I went through the steps with Absinthe and when it restarted my iphone it said it needed to be registered. So i had to cancel the jailbreak and restart my iphone and it was back to the way it was with no jailbreak. Help! Can i buy a unregistered rogers micro sim and put that in then jailbreak????
What is jailbreaking?
Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?

hope this helps.

You will need to get yourself a Rogers SIM which can activate the phone. Without it, I don't believe you can complete the necessary steps to get the Gevey working on the 4S, and there is no bootrom exploit available, so hacktivation is not an option for that device....