What's new

how to fix the size mismatch

mhykvillegas

Reaction score
hi everyone.

please help me my iphone5 iOS6.1.2 jailbreak via invasion v. 1.4 but everytime im trying to download a winterboard or any repo the prompt always says size mismatch?

i also read one forum. its simply put the Piracy Repo in the cydia-source-edit-add but the it always verification error is pop out with the message of a server with the specified hostname could not be found.

please help me to fix the size mismatch problem.

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok,
First off, remove the hackulous repo. It's a repo known for its piracy enabling apps and we don't condone topics of piracy in this forum!

Now, simply remove that repo and any apps/tweaks from it. Also, remove any other pirate repos/tweaks/apps.That should solve your issues. If not, let us know.

hi Darkstar2007

thank you for your reply.

the piracy repo is not install with my iphone5. because the prompt always says
server with the specified hostname could not be found.

please help me to fix the size mismatch problem.

but in may manage section under sources i have here repo666.ultrasnow.com/ is not installed. and i dont have any tweaks/apps/repos yet because every time im trying to install all of that it always says size mismatch.

please help darkstar2007. very appreciated.

Ok, try a hard reset (hold the sleep/wake button and home button until the phone shuts off and the silver apple logo appears).

If that doesn't help, then I would say a repo isn't loading right.
Make sure you only have stock repos installed and try reloading Cydia.

One of your tweaks is misbehaving.

As said delete any recently added repo. Close down Cydia and re launch.

thanks chunky and darkstar2007 for the information.

i will let you know once the size mismatch is fix.

btw chunky. i dont have any tweaks yet because it always size mismatch every time im trying to install any tweaks.

mr darkstar2007 can you provide atleast good repo to install.

appreciate all your help

In that case if it does not remedy itself you could restore back to stock and re jail-break.

In regards to repo's the ones already in Cydia should be ample.

I usually only add dev's Repo's for a certain tweak.

For example the tweak xcon is no longer being worked on but the tweak xcon Beta is but is only available through the dev's repo.

If you like themes their is the Themeit app which is available thro its repo which is

www.themeit.app.com/repo/

hi darkstar2007

i succesfully jailbroken my iphone5. with the help of two of you by chunky.

can you please help me again.

after i install the arterdex in winterboard and respring it. apple logo appears and never get back to home screen. its already hang and until ow apple logo appears after i press the home button and power button to retrieve for many times.

please help me again.. thank you...

hi chunky

i cannot delete the tweak because its already stuck in apple logo... but every time i hold the home button at power button.. my itunes recognized my iphone. but its stuck in apple logo in screen...

when i try to hold the home button and power button. apple logo disappear and i will release the power button.the itunes will pop a message saying i not connect to the internet but the itunes already recognized my device. but when im clicking the restore backup. prompt message will appear telling itunes could not restore my device because it is locked with a passcode. the still stuck in the apple logo.

hi chunky

i cannot delete the tweak because its already stuck in apple logo... but every time i hold the home button at power button.. my itunes recognized my iphone. but its stuck in apple logo in screen...

Try using the mobile substrate feature by ;

You should already have this latest version of MobileSubstrate, so you’ll be able to use the disable feature right now. If your iPhone is constantly crashing or you think a certain tweak is causing something in iOS to act up, reboot your device by holding the Home and power buttons simultaneously until you see the Apple logo.Once the logo appears, hold down the volume UP button and you’ll enter into Safe Mode. This means that all of your jailbreak tweaks and extensions are turned off, making it easy for you to go into Cydia and remove the packages that are causing the problem.

Last edited:

You should already have this latest version of MobileSubstrate, so you’ll be able to use the disable feature right now. If your iPhone is constantly crashing or you think a certain tweak is causing something in iOS to act up, reboot your device by holding the Home and power buttons simultaneously until you see the Apple logo.Once the logo appears, hold down the volume UP button and you’ll enter into Safe Mode. This means that all of your jailbreak tweaks and extensions are turned off, making it easy for you to go into Cydia and remove the packages that are causing the problem.

This would be the case only if OP has MobileSubstrate installed (comes with SBSettings)

nothing happens chunky...

This information is very usefull. Thank you for posting great tips. I am waiting this info for long.
Thank you chunky.