What's new

How to downgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 5 on Pre-A5 Devices.

Software

Reaction score
Hello guys,

This tutorial will be on how to downgrade from iOS 6.x.x to iOS 5.x.x without SHSH blobs saved on your computer, this tutorial will need certain requirements, but this only works if you have SHSH blobs saved locally on your computer or remotely on Cydia's server.

Requirements:
iPhone 4
iPhone 3GS
iPod Touch 4G
(Must have been iOS 5 blobs.)

Before we start, you'll have to be Tethered jailbroken on iOS 6.x.x, if you are you may skip this but if you aren't click here for the iOS 6.x.x "How to jailbreak tutorial." Let's give it a shot and let's start! Remember, you're doing it at your own risk and I'm not responsible for your device! I've warned you!

iOS 5.1.1 IPSW:
Click here to go to the Official Apple IPSW topic!

Redsn0w:
Click here to download Redsn0w for Windows
Click here to download Redsn0w for Mac

Windows:
1. Once you have downloaded everything and put it on your desktop, Open Redsn0w (If you're using Windows 7 run it as Administrator as Windows XP SP3).
2. Go into Extras > Even More > Restore > IPSW > Browse for your iOS 5.1.1 IPSW
3. Go into DFU mode.
4. After all of that's done, click back and then into even more.
5. Then into Restore > Remote (then let it look for the SHSH blobs in your previous Cydia).
6. Then DFU mode again.
7. Then you'll be done and running iOS 5.1.1 again!

Mac:
1. Once you have downloaded everything and put it on your desktop, Open Redsn0w.
2. Go into Extras > Even More > Restore > IPSW > Browse for your iOS 5.1.1 IPSW
3. Go into DFU mode.
4. After all of that's done, click back and then into even more.
5. Then into Restore > Remote (then let it look for the SHSH blobs in your previous Cydia).
6. Then DFU mode again.
7. Then you'll be done and running iOS 5.1.1 again!

If you need video support, here it is:

Credits:
KenfilmsHD (The tutorial is based off his video, not from scratch, learnt it watching his video, so subscribe to him and "Thumbs up" his video.
Redsn0w (For their Software)
Software (For putting this together for you guys).

Remember to like this post if it helped you! If you do have any problems, feel free to reply to this thread and for the rest, have a great time!

Many Thanks,
Software

Last edited by a moderator:
What redsnow do I down load to jail break my iphone 5. I thought it was 0.9.15b3 but it only says iPad 2/3 and 4s?? Cheers

There is no jailbreak for the iPhone 5 yet, keep this thread in the corner of your eye and check it everyday as it will be updated ASAP as a jailbreak is released for the iPhone 5.

Many thanks,
Software

Oh ok I thought it was released few days ago lol. Will this be untethered or do we not no? Cheers mate

Oh ok I thought it was released few days ago lol. Will this be untethered or do we not no? Cheers mate

With a jailbreak like this that's burning many exploits, it's going to be untethered, otherwise, it'll be a waste of exploits.