What's new

how to disable drop down banner notifications all together in ios 5 and 6

radracer

Reaction score
I want to get the next iPod touch or maybe the 4th gen since mine was stolen. I don't like the banner notifications and that drag down menu you get when you slide your finger from the top of the screen down. It stops YouTube videos and I've been toying around with an iPad 3 and even on that its a glaring annoyance for me.

From what I can see there is no way to disable it with regular settings. You can turn off notifications but when I'm quickly scrolling down a webpage I still accidentally open an empty drop down notification thing and. It stops the video I'm playing in the background.

Is there any way to disable it completely through jail braking? I have never needed the notifications and they have only gotten more in the way since iOS 5

If I can't I'm gonna have to just find a 4th gen iPod touch with ios4 on it or figure out if I can get an iPod touch 5th gen to run iOS 4

I found this mini tutorial on YouTube. It claims you can disable the Notification Center pull-down [temporarily] without a jail break and works for iOS 5.x. I've not tried it, so I can't say it does work, but, here you go:

YouTube

Marilyn