What's new

How to Clean an iPhone Touch Screen

pandamimicom

Reaction score
268 Elizabeth Street New York City, NY 10257, Unit
An iPhone is a smartphone manufactured by Apple. The device combines cell phone and personal digital assistant (PDA) capabilities into an Internet- and multimedia-enabled smartphone. An iPhone uses a touch screen, which allows the user to navigate through menus using his fingers. While convenient and easy to use, the screen easily becomes dirty with fingerprints, body oil and residue.

Things You'll Need: Two lint-free cloths

1.Turn off the iPhone. Hold down the "Sleep/Wake" button to bring up the slider, then use your finger to slide the onscreen slider to the "Off" position.

2.Dampen a lint-free cloth slightly. Squeeze or wring the cloth to remove all extra water. The cloth should be slightly damp, not overly wet and dripping water.

3.Rub the dampened cloth onto the iPhone touch screen and phone body to remove all fingerprints, buildup and body oil.

4.Rub a dry, lint-free cloth over the phone and touch screen to dry the device and prevent water spots.

Why would I need these instructions. A little elbow grease, spit and a corner of my t-shirt makes miracles. Although it's caressed between this beautiful blue otterbox defender case.

Last edited:
Why are you posting these threads? Your not going to become a Mod by doing it. Your probably making more work for them....

Along with a micro-fiber cloth I use Monster's iClean to clean the screens on my iPhone, my computer and my TV. The stuff is expensive, but works great and lasts a "long time".

bc

iCrank said:
Why would I need these instructions. A little elbow grease, spit and a corner of my t-shirt makes miracles. Although it's caressed between this beautiful blue otterbox defender case.

I'm gonna have to agree with you. T-shirt and elbow grease does wonders! Although if that doesn't get it a lint free microfiber cloth is the way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net