What's new

how to cancel ios upgrade

ethan2

Reaction score
i have an iphone 3gs.
and have made a point of not upgrading to ios6.

i wanted to upgrade an astronomy app.
so went into settings then generall.
software upgrade was showing one update.
i pressed upgrade software.
then realized snap maybe i've just put an upgrade of the ios in motion that i didn't want.
stopped the settings app to hoping to stop the upgrade.
but every time i go into settings it is automatically continuing to look for the software upgrade.

once settings finds the upgrade does it automatically load the upgrade or do i have an option window to cancel it?

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as the status bar for the download isn't moving, you should be fine. Many users use a similar method to keep the little red button from bothering them at their springboard on the Settings.app. It won't automatically start again unless you tell it to resume.

To update apps, open up the AppStore, and tap on Updates.

Once an iOS update becomes available it will automatically download to your device if it has an Internet connection. It will NOT install itself, however. The installation has to be manually authorized. If the iOS update was already downloaded and you accidentally hit the install button, you may very well be stuck with it.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator

As long as the status bar for the download isn't moving, you should be fine. Many users use a similar method to keep the little red button from bothering them at their springboard on the Settings.app. It won't automatically start again unless you tell it to resume.

To update apps, open up the AppStore, and tap on Updates.

hey thanks.

first time i turned the phone off hoping it would cancel the software upgrade - it didn't.
when i turned the phone off a second time it did.
go figure.

yup, afterwards i googled update app and learned upgrading apps occurred in the app store and not in settings

cheers

hey thanks.

first time i turned the phone off hoping it would cancel the software upgrade - it didn't.
when i turned the phone off a second time it did.
go figure.

yup, afterwards i googled update app and learned upgrading apps occurred in the app store and not in settings

cheers

I want to stop 6.1.2 software update on my iphone 4. Please help me. How to stop it? I read views on google people said 6.1.2 is an horrible update it slows down phone.help please!!

I want to stop 6.1.2 software update on my iphone 4. Please help me. How to stop it? I read views on google people said 6.1.2 is an horrible update it slows down phone.help please!!
Have you already started the update... or is it just showing the update available in Settings?

First off... you should have hit the Update button. Seeing as you've already done that... Hard Reset your iPhone. That'll stop the update.

Wait letme try!
Do you have any idea how is IOs 6.1.2 update?? Does it really slows down phone?

There's an iP5 in my house running 6.1.2 and JB w/ evasi0n... no problems that we've experienced.

There's an iP5 in my house running 6.1.2 and JB w/ evasi0n... no problems that we've experienced.

So if i continue my update 6.1.2 on my iphone 4 will it slow down my phone? Suggestions please. Should i stop downloading or not?

So if i continue my update 6.1.2 on my iphone 4 will it slow down my phone? Suggestions please. Should i stop downloading or not?
Unfortuantely I cannot tell you one way or the other. It's truly a toss up on whether or not you'll have issues w/ it.