What's new

How to Bypass Passcode lock

EGTronix

Reaction score
I got a iPhone 4 CDMA that I purchased on ebay for not powering on with water damage. I was able to repair it but it is a password locked phone..After looking online for solutions i was told to restore it..Which I did and I had multiple update error codes like 3004 and 3194
After solving those by deleting the host file, i finally got through then i got the following "The iphone can not be restored, The device can not be found" and then i get another screen telling me that itunes can connect due to the password lock.
Any ideas as what I should do next? would jailbreaking remove the passcode? Am I doing something wrong?

I tried restoring it on multiple computers, Macs and Pcs and have the same problem.

Which specific errors on which machine do you get and during which phase of the restore process while in DFU mode

Im on a PC and I get various errors....3194 3004 and 21. I thought I resolved 3194, the next time it ended up with a 3004 error, checked my host file and a # was missing...I added that and now its coming up with error 21

If you used TinyUmbrella in any way, you have to delete the host.umbrella file in the same directory as your host file. Then flush your DNS by going to CMD > ipconfig /flushdns

i used a different usb port and it worked! thanks for ur time will, I appreciate it....I perform hardware repairs on iPhones but I am just getting into the jailbreaking.. since you are a jailbreak expert, Is there any website out there that can educate you on the whole jailbreak process all in one place so im not always fetching around for tidbits of info? Like I just found out what a SHSH Blob was last night....

It's really a hands-on experience thing. For general hacking, you can consider purchasing this book. It does cover quite a bit about jailbreaking and such as well, more towards the technical aspects of how it's derived. That's only one part. The latter part is to take a device that's jailbreakable at all times (I had an old throwaway 3GS to play with years ago) and I forced the device into problematic scenarios and fixed it by trial and error. Force would be putting it lightly, more like abuse.