What's new

How to back up my jb iPhone 4 with iTunes etc without reset

Zibawal

Reaction score
Can some one pls advise me re backing up my purchase vs jb apps?

Thanks

The best way do it is by using pkgbackup. There's no simple restore from a backup for jailbreakers unfortunately...

The best way do it is by using pkgbackup. There's no simple restore from a backup for jailbreakers unfortunately...

Thanks ! Does package back up works for both paid n unpaid apps?

Never used it myself so don't know. I would assume it does.

It doesn't really back up your apps. From what I understand from other users on here it creates a list of all you cydia apps and stores them as a contact. Then when you rejailbreak you can download pkgbackup again and it will get all your cydia apps for you...

I agree with gaz This app is a life saver. Yes it backs up paid and unpaid

Yes it can be set to back up everything. But you must tell it what to do the first time or reset it if it's not saving something you want to. Like me I don't save my pics every time so I have to manually change that if I want to set it.

does ti back up your pictues i.e., camera roll too ? ?

You backup all cydia apps and tweaks using package backup, The rest of the apps and files which are not from cydia can be backed up with iTunes on your computer.

Is there a thread that explains how to use pkg backup? I am having trouble figuring it out.

Is there a thread that explains how to use pkg backup? I am having trouble figuring it out.

No there is no thread about pkg backup explaining how to use that tool, but you can have all HOW TO about pkg backup by doing some google I think.