What's new

How to access iphone 4 root

felosargsyan777

Reaction score
Hi. I have iphone 4 ios 6.0.1 mobileoperator subscripte. I have tryed to access to root folder with iexplorer. But the button to access root folder unclickable. I think problem with , that my iphone not jailbroken. Is it possiböe to acess root folder without jailbraking?

A few minutes ago i have received notifikation that ios 6.1 available for your iphone 4. But i dont know its will be better if i upgrade it, or no, becouse my iphone are mobile operator subscriped. If i upgrade it, does my iphone will work better and there will no be problem that my iphone mobile operator subscriped and all my content in my iphone and setting will be deleted?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Last edited by a moderator:
I've consolidated your two questions so that we can kill two birds with one stone.

You can try using iFunBox. The iOS 6 jailbreak will be released shortly being that at the time of this post, it's at 68%, so the Sunday doomsday seems to be pretty legitimate, so you can have full root access then. Without the proper security features enabled or disabled (done when jailbreak or manually with a developer cracked device), you can't get full root access.

As for updating an iOS, iOS updating does not breach your contract. The only binding that your mobile subscriber has on you is that you have to stay with their plan for a certain amount of time (contracted time). What you do to the device they don't really care since they're just offering you the mobile service.

Last edited:
Ok, so, i can update my os and will not be problem. But after update my images, musics, notes , contact and other content will be deleted? And what you think, it will be better, id i update to ios 6.1 , or use original 6.0.1?

Ok, but i dont want to jailbrake . Can install cydia without jailbraking? And iFunBox can browse root folder?

I have seen one topic, that one boy have wrote, that by changing on system file value, it will incrase volume. Is it possible?

Last edited:
TBH iOS 6 has literally no significant changes at all from start til now. Whether you stay or upgrade doesn't really matter.

You can't install Cydia without jailbreaking. Jailbreaking is the open and closing of security protocols and keeping them so with exploits and vulnerabilities. Without this, you cannot run Cydia because the core will reject it.

Volume as in sound volume yes but only under certain circumstances and environments. Volume as in storage volume, no.

Sorry that i have wrote ununderstandable. I mean, that its possible to ghanging some values in system files will incrase speaker volume higher, asi seen in one topic, but i dont remembrer how i have gote it. But is it possible.

Today i have tested my iphone with 8-10 months old iphone 4s. The 4s haved higher speaker volume, so, my iphone have problem, yes???