What's new

How the hell do you put videos on the camera roll?

dezzdash

Reaction score
I just want to be able to edit videos but i need to get them into the camera roll from my pc?

Iphone 5

Sorry, but I can't help you... I've never been able to figure out exactly how to transfer anything between a PC and an iPhone, and not have iTunes mess up my device. Windows drag & drop is SO easy, but Apple refuses to make it easy for us.

You need to make a file on your desktop and put whatever it is you want to transfer in it. Then when you plug in your iPhone dont try and do it in iTunes. You need to do it on the menu that pops up on the PC as a drive thing.

I just want to be able to edit videos but i need to get them into the camera roll from my pc?

Iphone 5

When you tap on the video does it give you any options to move it? I know the small ones I have do, like to email or text.

But if it's a larger video then you would need something to move it to your computer with another app. Dropbox would work well for you, simply drop it in there and it will upload it to the dropbox in your computer. The only problem with this is dropbox comes with a limited amount of space. The good news is that if you can get more space by simply mentioning it on twitter, facebook, etc. Another way for example would be if you sent me a pm with your email. I would send you an invite. Dropbox in return would give me more space.

You don't have to do that, I can always use the space but that's how to do it.

Google Drive is another way to do this and purchasing space is much cheaper.

Then you could use a vide editor to make an mp4 out of your video (if you want). I use Aunsoft Video Converter. It should convert your file to whatever you want it to be, then do your editing.

Hope this helps you out.

Iphone 5

Hope that the good information here from our members will help you here, dezzdash.

Would advise that the next thread title be more appropriately worded.

Thank you.
Ski...
iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

I'm sorry. He said he needed to get the movies into the camera roll. Not from the camera roll, I misread it.

Still you need to convert the video to a format that iTunes will accept, then you should be able just to drag and drop it into iTunes. Conversion software would be necessary and I recommend Aunsoft video for that as well. At least I think that's what you are saying. If you want to edit existing videos in your phone there are apps for that.

I'm sorry. He said he needed to get the movies into the camera roll. Not from the camera roll, I misread it.

The videos are not in the camera roll but in the Videos Folder. The Camera Roll is for photos only not video files

If you plug your iPhone into a PC that does not have iTunes installed you can look at the camera roll directly. The camera roll has both the pictures and videos stored in the same folder.

It has been that way at least since iOS 4.

Is there a way to show the iPhone5 on your desktop (Apple computer) when connecting? I only see it in iTunes. It does open iPhoto from where I can download photos and videos into iPhoto.

Previously with my Droid it would appear on my desktop as a drive - here I could just click on it to open all files and then drag, copy or paste all I wanted. Why doesn't the iPhone5 show up like this? I'd like to be able to manipulate my photos and videos without going through iPhoto sometimes. It seems the pics lose something when I drag them out of iPhoto to the desktop and then open them in Photoshop to work on them.

Like the OP - I'd like to add videos from my computer into camera roll, is this done by importing into iPhoto and then syncing the iPhone? If so, how do I choose just the videos I want rather than my entire iPhoto collection.

Confused in Apple world coming from Android.. I can't understand why it's more difficult and multiple steps to work between an Apple iPhone and my Apple computer than it was with the Droid (Android) phone and Apple computer! ;)

And on a slight tangent note: I just noticed that 100 more posts and my post total number will match my member number! Wow! :)

Last edited:
Hey I just did it. You do need to do it on iTunes. Plug in the iPhone 5 to your PC. When iTunes opens and is done syncing click on your phone. Then on the options up top under the Apple logo click photos. From there click the sync box and then click the drop down menu and chose select file and find the file of pics you want to sync

And on a slight tangent note: I just noticed that 100 more posts and my post total number will match my member number! Wow! :)

Not to burst your bubble... But you have 17 posts.. and are member #177. If I did my math right 177-17 leaves you with 160 more posts lol

dude - thanks for the math correction! Don't get old... ;)

Now it's only 159 to go! :)

sorry about this guys.....really sorry! ive just switched to a mac and im still used to calling anything thats a computer a pc. so this original post should of been "how to get videos from a mac to the camera roll in order to edit"

sorry about this guys.....really sorry! ive just switched to a mac and im still used to calling anything thats a computer a pc. so this original post should of been "how to get videos from a mac to the camera roll in order to edit"

If you want, go to your original post, press edit, then advance and you should be able to change the title. If not a Mod can do it for you.