What's new

how speed up iphone

sarmit

Reaction score
My iPhone seems much slower than it used to be. What are some things I can do to speed it up?

Make sure you Iphone memory is not full or just get an Iphone 4s

What makes you think that your iPhone is slower? Any unusual behaviors that you can state? I'm asking because there a lot of thing you can do to help your iPhone speed up, but best to know what happened first.

Well, besides the usual swiping lags that can take up to 10-20 seconds to respond, sometimes pre-installed apps can take 40+ seconds to load up. My son can load his itouch camera and take about 20+ pictures in the time I can finally manage to get off 1 single shot. And he must have more than 100 apps installed. I recently did a restore and currently I have a grand total of 18 apps and maybe 400 some odd music files which pales in comparison to what is on my son's itouch.

Yes...."an iPhone 4s". I think I have another month or so before my contract is up and I can upgrade. I am anxiously awaiting that but thought I would ask about speeding up the phone before I pull all my hair out in the mean time.

Try to turn off the spotlight search, go to restriction and turn off ping. Double tap the home button often to reveal the multitasking bar and so to completely close recently opened apps. If you can, then buy memory manager from the app store, there is also a free version too, I just never used the free version so I don't know how it works but the paid version is great. Hard reset your iPhone once in a while. Those should help your phone to speed up a bit.

Hoo and what iPhone is it? The iPhone 4 or the iPhone 3G!

bab2010 said:
Try to turn off the spotlight search, go to restriction and turn off ping. Double tap the home button often to reveal the multitasking bar and so to completely close recently opened apps. If you can, then buy memory manager from the app store, there is also a free version too, I just never used the free version so I don't know how it works but the paid version is great. Hard reset your iPhone once in a while. Those should help your phone to speed up a bit.

I just upgraded from a 3G, and it was slow but manageable. 3G doesn't have multiple tasking because of the processor, but even if you jailbreak it to do it, it's super slow. You might have to just stick to what you know. Sometimes, it was quick. Sometimes, it was slow, but it was always faithful.

Turn off spotlight search for one thing. Downgrade to 3.XX. Jailbreak and download speed intensifier (makes your iPhone appear faster). i'm a 3G user and all of these things helped me.

Downgrade to 3.1.3. You might want to try the custom firmware from whited00r.com (zeros). I had this before I upgraded to the iPhone 4 and worked very well for me.

ACiD said:
Turn off spotlight search for one thing. Downgrade to 3.XX. Jailbreak and download speed intensifier (makes your iPhone appear faster). i'm a 3G user and all of these things helped me.

Couldnt find speed intensifier ???? Pls help !!