What's new

How much storage did you get with your iPhone?

Is your storage big enough?

• I wish I had more storage.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I bought exactly the right size phone.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I have way more storage than I need.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

DrumsOfGrohl

Staff member
Reaction score
How many GB of storage do you have on your phone?

My iPhone 6 has 64GB, and I couldnt be any happier with the amount I got. I had 16GB on my 4S before this one, and I was always having to delete playlists, apps, etc. Now I haven't once had to check to see if I had enough storage to take a video. I love it.

I bought the iPhone6 with 64gb,it's more then enough for my needs. I like the iPhone6s video so am glad i have plenty of storage.

I got my wife and myself the iphone 6+ 128gb, I figured its better to have too much memory then not enough

I purchased the 128gb Space Gray 6 Plus along with the Black Apple Leather case (perfect combination..IMHO). After having my device for a little over two months, I'm on pace to use approx 100gb worth of storage in about a year.

I got 16GB again, Right now on my iPhone 6 I have 7.3GB free, I store my photos in Dropbox, I am very picky about apps and if I don't use something in about a week I delete it, I have a lot of music in my phone too.

I suspect a lot of people install many apps and never use them so they have lots of apps taking up space and probably just use a small handful of them.

I bought the 6+ 128gb last year , loving the nil storage anxiety used to get from 16gb ,
Buying 128gb again this year . I have about 7gb left , have thousands of photos and videos on device plus probably over 100 apps + music etc

128gb had an iPhone 4s that I used something like 28gb when I changed over. I get fed of seeing people having to delete music & photos & stuff just get the latest update, so I figured I'd play safe with 128gb. Of cause I am amazed that when the iPhone 6 was released that they didn't drop the 16gb & increase it to 32gb but then I suppose it would have been chargeable. I can't quite understand why they don't have there own version of sd card rather having 3 versions of a handset.

Mike A

Last edited:
128gb had an iPhone 4s that I used something like 28gb when I changed over. I get fed of seeing people having to delete music & photos & stuff just get the latest update, so I figured I'd play safe with 128gb. Of cause I am amazed that when the iPhone 6 was released that they didn't drop the 16gb & increase it to 32gb but then I suppose it would have been chargeable. I can't quite understand why they don't have there own version of sd card rather having 3 versions of a handset.

Mike A
It's more secure to not have removable storage on SD cards. I'm assuming that Apple was thinking along those lines when it decided to not have removable storage. Third parties offer battery cases for the iPhone that have up to 64gb of extra storage but you're limited in what you can use it for. It won't store apps or any other content from iTunes. You can store photos and videos made with your built in camera. You could probably also store videos and music you ripped yourself but I've not done that myself so I'm not sure about that.

Agreed above , hi scifan , sorry not been on here for a while

Thanks , always try to make it here on the lead up to a new phone launch .

I particularly am looking forward to the new line up ,

I guess I'm from the old school and believe "it's better to have and not need, then to need and not have" besides I would probably spend the extra $100 on something stupid anyway like cases that sit in a nightstand draw....LOL [emoji12][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk