What's new

How many tweaks...

wingzfan61

Reaction score
Just curious how many tweaks people are running. Im debating if ive got too many so ive removed a few but then i miss the functionality so i put em right back. Wondering if i would get more battery life leaving some of them off. I know its gonna depend on which im running but im just curious how many is too many for now.

Ive got 15. And yes their all paid for, no cracked garbage so i know its not that.

Activator
Browser chooser
Bytafont
Colorkeyboard
Copic
Foldericons
Ifile
Ncsettings
Pandoraskips
Password pilot
SpeakEvents
Springtomize 2
Weekill background
Winterboard
Zephyr

Last edited:
I've got 54 packages installed via Cydia. With approximately 33 used daily....
Dunno if there is a conventional wisdom on how many a iPhone can run...
I think it's more of how well the ones you have enabled work with each other. It's all about trial and error. Start with the most used, see how things go. Once you're sure everything is playing nice, add one at a time and test comparability.

snowtrooper1966 said:
I've got 54 packages installed via Cydia. With approximately 33 used daily....

Thats pretty much what i was looking for. I didnt know at what point it was too many. If youve got that many i think im fine where im at. I actually am starting to wonder if either A) i just need a simple charge cycle B) dropbox is draining me with the auto upload feature or C) im imagining things and need to leave well enough alone.

And D) i need to stop takin so many dang pictures cuz camera+ is a battery hog.

Last edited:
I'm running approx 60 tweaks....47 show in the Settings app...the rest run in the background....

I've been very good lately...started a process of thinning down the number of tweaks I install...

I'm in the 45-50 range. I'm not sure if there's a limit t how many you can run. One thing I know will drag your JB down... is having tweaks/packages installed that are incompatible.

Thomasjtsi said:
I'm in the 45-50 range. I'm not sure if there's a limit t how many you can run. One thing I know will drag your JB down... is having tweaks/packages installed that are incompatible.

So is there anything besides trial and error to determine incompatible tweaks? Theres so many available i doubt theres a knowledge base on incompatible apps but it sure would be nice.

wingzfan61 said:
So is there anything besides trial and error to determine incompatible tweaks? Theres so many available i doubt theres a knowledge base on incompatible apps but it sure would be nice.

Not that I'm aware of... or have heard of.

For me, I try to avoid using tweaks with overlapping features, say Springtomize and SliderPro.
Another global issue is Winterboard. That needs a complete overhaul. Many tweaks implemented via Winterborad don't work.
I avoid it if I can.....

snowtrooper1966 said:
For me, I try to avoid using tweaks with overlapping features, say Springtomize and SliderPro.
Another global issue is Winterboard. That needs a complete overhaul. Many tweaks implemented via Winterborad don't work.
I avoid it if I can.....

Im glad you brought up the winterboard thing. I was wondering, is there a way to use a winterboard theme without using winterboard itself? I see once in a while people say they run a theme without winterboard (i think just modifying the springboard) but i never understood how to do that.

Try to get more tweaks which doesn't have Winterboard as Base. I have been using these tweaks and mods for quite sometime and did considerable resource too. I noticed a significant increase in battery life now where I don't have any mods or tweaks which runs on Winterboard, its definitely a resource hogger. I have 57 packages installed up and running where I almost use 30 of them on a daily basis. Get rid of Winterboard and you will see the difference in your device response time too.

wow 50 + tweak....how are all your iphone running? and lag when opening apps?

Being very carful about what I have installed and making sure everything plays nicely together, my phone is a s fast as a stock device.
Performance is key for me, so I would not trade that for a cool font or theme. Luckily, I don't have to since I've done my homework...

I usually find that winterboard and springtomize 2 are culprits most of the time. They are cool, bit seems to screw with phone and put it into safe mode more often than not

Nice screen name HudsonHawk!
Not been my experience with Springtomize2.
No safe mode crashes....