What's new

How does ios5 gm works in iphone 4

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
just like any other firmware (available only to devs though) Just like the beta firmwares..

Final release is in 6 days so just wait for that and then update in Itunes

kingnba6

Reaction score
What I want to know is should I update to ios5 on my iPhone 4 right away ? Or wait till it gets jailbroken?

iGaz

Reaction score
If you can't live without a jailbreak then wait. If you can live without one then update to iOS5...

iCrank

Reaction score
kingnba6 said:
What I want to know is should I update to ios5 on my iPhone 4 right away ? Or wait till it gets jailbroken?

From what I can tell. It's best to wait for a jailbreak. Out of all the new features I barely notice any of them. Except the newsstand, reminders and notifications. Oh yeah the shortcuts is the best feature. I no longer have to type out welcome speeches. I can just add a acronym. And boom. Done.

Last edited:

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Personally I just upgrade and never think about the Jailbreak but really its down to preference If you dont mind waiting for what could be a long time for a new Jailbreak. Save your shsh blobs and you can always downgrade if you miss the JB too much or if a new JB is taking too long

iJeff

Reaction score
so far so good, just like i thought it would but its kind of weird not having it Jb.

kingnba6

Reaction score
i can live without jailbreak. the only reason i actually jb is to get lockscreeninfo and 5 icon screen and also sb settings. ill see how everything works out when i comes out

iGaz

Reaction score
Personally I just upgrade and never think about the Jailbreak but really its down to preference If you dont mind waiting for what could be a long time for a new Jailbreak. Save your shsh blobs and you can always downgrade if you miss the JB too much or if a new JB is taking too long

Did I not read somewhere that blobs won't work for iOS 5? Or are you still able to downgrade to iOS 4...?

bab2010

Reaction score
if I upgrade to iOS 5 GM, can I update it to final version without using PC?? I mean wireless update...

Yes, I think you can since the option to update upgrade via the air is already in the GM version.
7b797903-4835-90bd.jpg
7b797903-483f-8c93.jpg

Most reactions