What's new

How do i turn off text message auto open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pbmaster2k89

Reaction score
Whenever i receive multiple texts and click the message badge, the iphone 4s automatically opens the last message for u to read. I do not like this feature, is there a way to set ur phone to open only the menu when u hit the message badge so that ur messages are not marked as read?

go into setting and then notifications. from there go into messages and you should be able to change it up. hope this helps...

No, there isnt an option in there to turn off auto open. I dont want my messages to open when i click the badge

Pbmaster2k89 said:
Whenever i receive multiple texts and click the message badge, the iphone 4s automatically opens the last message for u to read. I do not like this feature, is there a way to set ur phone to open only the menu when u hit the message badge so that ur messages are not marked as read?

If I am understanding your questions correctly. Make sure when you are in a text message that you hit the arrow button on the top left that will bring you to the main page of all the messages. This should prevent it from opening up to last one you left open

I totally despise that it auto opens the last sent msg too!!! Especially since i noticed that, at random, i have seen displayed below a msg, "read at 00:00". If this is someone i do not wish to communicate with, i do not want to open the msg! Maybe, hopefully the next update will eliminate this "lazy" feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.