What's new

How do I transfer photos from one iphone to the iphone 5?

powersuma

Reaction score
Hi, if I plug both iphones into iTunes they give both the same name. How do I change that? Also I have 350 photos on the old iphone which I want to transfer to the new one. How do I do that, Please.

You can change the name of your phones in Settings/About/Name. It doesn't matter whether the names are the same though. iTunes knows which one is which.

Thanks, Kevin. Maybe I am being stupid but I can't find settings. There is one called Preferences but it doesnt give me a namechange option. I really DO NOT LIKE iTunes! But I love the iPhone so have to live with it.

Thanks for that. Do I use the Restore button that says you can restore to its original settings? Or else where do I find another restore? As I said to Kevin I hate iTunes, as a senior citizen it is not user-friendly!

powersuma said:
Thanks, Kevin. Maybe I am being stupid but I can't find settings. There is one called Preferences but it doesnt give me a namechange option. I really DO NOT LIKE iTunes! But I love the iPhone so have to live with it.

Hang on. I'll find it on my phone and post the screen shot. You change the name on your phone, not in iTunes.

$image-1807465024.jpg

$image-1379387010.jpg