What's new

How do I make sure Apple knows my old iPhone doesn't have my songs and apps on it.

furashgf

Reaction score
I am getting an iPhone 5 and have instructions for moving my iPhone stuff to it. However, my guess is at that point that apple will think these songs and apps are on two devices. How do I "tell" apple that the iPhone 4 (which will be restored to factory settings) doesn't have my stuff on it.

furashgf said:
I am getting an iPhone 5 and have instructions for moving my iPhone stuff to it. However, my guess is at that point that apple will think these songs and apps are on two devices. How do I "tell" apple that the iPhone 4 (which will be restored to factory settings) doesn't have my stuff on it.

Are you trading in your iPhone 4... to Apple?

You shouldn't need to tell them. You just do it. Back up the old one and if you have your new one restore it from your back up. Otherwise if you trade in when you get the new one get it home and then restore from back up. You don't need to tell them you wiped your old phone. You just do it. :)

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Thank you. I was going to the AT&T store to bring in the used iPhone 4. So, I'll backup the iPhone 4, wipe it, restore my new iPhone 5 from that backup, then wipe my iPhone 4.