What's new

How can someone fake a phone call from you when you never called them

jonprofeta

Reaction score
Someone is accusing me of harassing them but I went on my phone records and there's no calls to this person whatsoever but they have a screenshot that shows that I called them five times and left a voice message and I know back in the day that used to have something called SpoofCard where able to call anybody from any number that you want do you think this is what went on here or is there an application that you can make it look like you had missed calls on your lock screen.

Hi just checked this out, there is an app called Spoofcard. That does exactly what you are saying, apparently if the person answers the call it can disguise your voice to. There are a few different types in the App Store

Hi just checked this out, there is an app called Spoofcard. That does exactly what you are saying, apparently if the person answers the call it can disguise your voice to. There are a few different types in the App Store

Yeah I knew about SpoofCard back in 2005 when I came out I just was wondering if there was an app that I can make it look like you had missed calls on your lock screen. Even if it was taking a screenshot of your home screen and then uploading a picture to an app and putting a phone number and how many times they called in if they left a voice message.

I have no reason to use any thing like spoofcard, maybe they have a website you can visit or even a post a google question.

Screenshots can be doctored. If the police are involved they can get your phone records and then charge the person with filing a false report.

Got to the bottom of it. The person was saying I was leaving threatening voice messages but when we were asked to hear them they said they deleted them. No evidence of them at all. They said they Had no space on the phone and they deleted them to make space but who does that if you need space on your phone the first thing people go to his pictures to delete. Lmao.

Got to the bottom of it. The person was saying I was leaving threatening voice messages but when we were asked to hear them they said they deleted them. No evidence of them at all. They said they Had no space on the phone and they deleted them to make space but who does that if you need space on your phone the first thing people go to his pictures to delete. Lmao.

Aren't voice mails left on the phone carrier anyways, and not the phone?

No. they are left in the phone. But in an iPhone you have to delete twice to get rid of it for good. It's a visual voicemail.

Now they are saying that I am texting from another number. It's not mine. I'm thinking it's one of those made up numbers from an app. I really can't win here. Is there any way to trace them and find out where it came from. ???

Now they are saying that I am texting from another number. It's not mine. I'm thinking it's one of those made up numbers from an app. I really can't win here. Is there any way to trace them and find out where it came from. ???
Your carrier may be able to trace the number but it would probably require a court order.

It sounds as if some third party is spoofing your number and /or identity. This can be a very difficult problem to solve. Changing one's number in some cases is necessary, but if this is an isolated case hopefully not necessary. It might be worth contacting the Telecommunications Authority for your country.

Given that l have no idea how this functions, can the recipient of these messages and calls simply not block the number.
For a while at least so least, giving the op time to maybe find out who's doing this.

He could, but the OP says the other guy is now receiving messages from another number. He could block that as well, but it could go on and on.

Makes you wonder why someone in your own group would want to do this.
So if the OP blocks the number and l wonder if the sender would know this?
If the OP changed the telephone number they only have to the wrong person and then this mess would start all over again.
Normally guys can handle this kind this of thing, but women take it differently.
Maybe it's time for Police involvement. I'm sure that the company who has this app have records.

Suddenly after you show it can't be you calling you are accused of texting from a different number than yours.....

I would have them charged with harassment, sounds like that's what's happening. It will definitely stop it and if it is investigated they will find you are not involved except on the receiving end.