What's new

House of Vans App Helps You Track Down Vans Gear

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
vans-2.jpg

How excited you get about this iPhone and iPad app depends on whether or not you're a fan of all things Vans. If the sight of a pair of vintage Checkerboards makes you go weak at the knees, or even better, exclaim "sweeeeet!", then you've probably already stopped reading this, and are in the middle of downloading the free app right now. If, on the other hand, you said "what are Checkerboards?" this probably isn't the app for you! Essentially, the House of Vans app is a resource enabling the customer to research their favourite Vans products, share information and comments with friends and then find the nearest Vans dealer that stocks that particular product. The app uses "augmented reality" technology that depicts retailers on-screen when viewing through camera mode on the iPhone and the iPad. The app will also be updated seasonally with new product images, profiles and news.

It's a fun app overall, and I like the way you can alert your friends on Twitter or Facebook or via email from within the app, but international Vans fans should bear in mind that it appears to be very much geared to North America. It told me that one of my closest retailers was in Colorado, for example, and I'm in London!

The House of Vans app is the fifth app that Vans has released. Prior to this one, Vans released the Vans Hub, aggregating Vans blogs and social media; Vans Sk8: Pool Service, a 3D skate game featuring Vans skaters; the Vans Warped Tour Official App; and the Vans Triple Crown of Surfing app.

Source: Vans