What's new

hostapd

jschlis

Reaction score
How do I move a file. I installed pdanet and saw that I am having issues with a hostapd. I have uninstalled pdanet but hostapd keeps running in circles and I get this every five seconds using Isyslog, (battery use plummets every time I go online)

com.apple.wifi.hostapd: started

hostapd: hostapd_init failed

hostapd: Could not open configuration file '(null)' for reading.

hostapd: pselect timed out (no more requests); leaving

It repeats this cycle every 5 seconds.

I need to move System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.wifi.hostapd.plist. I have set up a new folder, temp2. Not sure how to move the file, not sure if I do move it what other kinds of issues I will be having. Any help would be appreciated?

Do you have iFile installed?

If you do then open the path to the file, tap edit in the top right corner.

Select the file, then tap the the clipboard symbol in the bottom right, select paste.

When you go to paste it somewhere just tap edit, then tap the clipboard, then tap paste.

Hi zig,

Thanks for the quick response. So I can move the file to the temp2 folder that I set up and if need be I can move it back if it is actually needed?

One more question, can I just leave the file on the clipboard?

jschlis said:
One more question, can I just leave the file on the clipboard?

Idk if you can do that. Like how long it would stay there. But you can just paste it back at any time.

jschlis said:
Hi zig,

Thanks for the quick response. So I can move the file to the temp2 folder that I set up and if need be I can move it back if it is actually needed?

If you copy it to Temp2 it won't be moved. It will just be copied. You would have to copy it, paste it where you want, then delete form the original pace you copied it from.