What's new

Home button click do not respond

gunzrool

Reaction score
Ever since i updated my iphone4 to ios5.0.1 it seems like the home button action is not responsive. I will have to click several times to close and application or any other function. Some times on single click the command option for double click or triple click appears. Has anybody faced this problem. Is there a solution to this?

Sam

Hi thomas,

I tried the option but the problem still persists. This is so annoying to have this home button problem. I am just speculating would there be any problem with the hardware itself?

Absolutely... the amount of use the home button gets makes it quite prone to failure. You could always try activating Assistive Touch and see if you like that.

Have the same problem with my phone. Re-calibrating worked for a short time and resetting it worked for a short time as well. Its a strange problem but ive just learned to live with it. Assistive touch is annoying to have it on the screen and it often gets in the way when rotating the phone for games or emails and things of that sort. I have friend that used to work for Apple, she told me that usually when iphone owners bring in their phone with problem such as this, they'd often just switch out the phone. I'm going to wait it out till the new iphone comes out and just upgrade, only 6 or so months to go.

If you are within the first year of your purchase you should just send it in and see what apple says. The worst thing that could probably happen is that you get your phone back and they tell you that there is nothing wrong with it. Usually they will just send you another one though (don't forget your backup, if you ever send your phone to apple)

It is pretty unfortunate for me is that i 4 jan 2011 is when i bought my iphone. If they still allow me to i can send the phone to apple and get it replaced. Would they allow that to happen?

It is pretty unfortunate for me is that i 4 jan 2011 is when i bought my iphone. If they still allow me to i can send the phone to apple and get it replaced. Would they allow that to happen?

Try the assistive touch it works great ive been using since IOS5 came out.
Or you can replace the home button yourself check out some you tube videos on replacing the home button.

Last edited: