What's new

Holder for iPhone 5

Daca

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good quality iPhone in-car holder that can be mounted either on the glass or elsewhere in the car.

Many thanks.

How about the apple store, check eBay also.

Dcrymes99ranger Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking for one for a long while but can't find any. Obviously you could use one of 'universal' car mount but I was looking for one with the charging option but failed to find.

I fit this stuff in vehicles...

There is a problem, apparently, with the power supply tab... Think its an excuse personally, but when a cradle and a charging cradle does come on the market I will, if I am allowed, post a link here.

I have bought a few of them. But I can never get them to stay on the glass long

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

You need a Pro Clip or Brodit non damage bracket, anything else and its a waste of money.

I recently installed the Proclip iPhone 5 cradle into my car (on a Proclip mount). The cradle is powered via an Apple lightening cable (USB cigarette lighter plug). Works perfectly. Highly recommend. Only glitch is with Google Nav which places a call to your phone number with every voice direction and plays thru car audio. This is a Google issue and not the dock. Mapquest voice directions work fine.

If I read it right you're looking for a Phone holder, you could get a set of magnets for cheap, they won't damage your device and you could stick it on glass and stick the other magnet on the back of your phone and everytime you get in the car, put it on your window, in charging terms, you could get a car charger usb adapter and those long iPhone 1m/2m usb wires and plug it into your device and if you'd like to listen to music you could buy a 1m/2m AUX cable if your car has the plug slot.

Thanks,
ASSASINATERZ

ASSASINATERZ said:
If I read it right you're looking for a Phone holder, you could get a set of magnets for cheap, they won't damage your device and you could stick it on glass and stick the other magnet on the back of your phone and everytime you get in the car, put it on your window, in charging terms, you could get a car charger usb adapter and those long iPhone 1m/2m usb wires and plug it into your device and if you'd like to listen to music you could buy a 1m/2m AUX cable if your car has the plug slot.

Thanks,
ASSASINATERZ

- ASSASINATERZ
I do follow exact as you mentioned: using aux cable and USB cable and universal car mount. Obviously it works fine. My point is that before using iPhone I had various models of Droid and other Android based phones and never got a problem to find a charging car mount for reasonable price.
Just wondering why car mount manufactures don't do the same with iPhone

How about the "iOttie One-Touch Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder"? It's $20 (USD) at Amazon.

It says in the description that it works for the iPhone 5. I have one and use it with my 4S and it works great. It's easy to mount and use. Based on the design, I'd say it'd work just fine with the iPhone 5.

Just a thought...

Marilyn

Well there are a lot of car mounts on the market which will work fine with iPhone 5 as well. And all are of reasonable price. The point is that none of it have phone charger option as integrated part of car mount.

I've been reading up on this ahead of my purchase of an iPhone 5 as well and will only be interested in on with an in mount charging option. Hope we can find one. The new turn by turn nav ability of the new Google Maps will replace my TomTom for sure. But I need a good charging mount option. Look forward to hearing more.

See my earlier post in this thread. The ProClip holder for the iPhone 5 has the built in charger. Works just fine and when you combine it with a ProClip mount you can achieve a really nice look (if you choose not to do a windshield mount). I've got my mount attached to my center console (no drilling, holes, etc.) the wire runs (unseen) to lighter and all works fine. Check out ProClipUSA.