What's new

High Sierra.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who has updated their Mac's to the new OS and what do you think to it?

I have two MacBook Pros on High Sierra. One was on the Developer Beta program and has been running on High Sierra since June. The other one was updated this morning. This one has a hard drive and wasn’t updated to the new Apple File System yet.
I haven’t had any issues with the new operating system but I don’t like the iTunes 12.7 update which removed the App Store and the ability to sync apps to your devices.

Last edited:
Have updated all my apps including recent public beta update, run OnyX maintenance scripts and cleaning scripts. Have performed a backup as bootable clone with CCC and commenced download of High Sierra. I will check back in about 3hrs. After the Australian Football Grand Final coverage on Australia+. It just might be finished by then.

Just finished upgrading.
I will explore later :)

You're supposed to be able to pin a note but when I go to File Pin note and Lock note are greyed out.

It's great. Not sure I'd take full advantage of the photo editing capabilities that are packed into High Sierra, but I like the email composing option when running email in full screen. It doesn't overlay the message list window and you can run it split screen. It's a nice subtle touch, that makes a big difference.

All in all, I've upgraded 2 of my 4 macs and so far so good.

I use a lot of 3rd party apps so changing to Apple's mail and photo programs mean nothing to me. I use NIK filters and in another post a user said they no longer work.

I haven’t had any issues with the new operating system but I don’t like the iTunes 12.7 update which removed the App Store and the ability to sync apps to your devices.

For those who might not know the iTunes update has nothing to do with HS. I am on Sierra and the update to 12.7 is not loved by me either.

Anyone notice a slow down after the upgrade?