What's new

Hidden / Disappeared contacts in "Contacts" folder, yet visible in "Recents" folder

amstelex

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I've just encountered to a weird issue on my iphone 4 and I sincerely hope you are able to help me out!

It seems that majority of my contacts are not any longer visible in "contacts" folder, still they are visible in "recents" folder. Yet, I have a dozen of contacts left in the "Contacts" folder. I am under the impression that the only visible contacts are those from my business mailbox which is loaded on the phone.

Should you have an idea what the issue can be...please drop me a note.

Thanks a mil in advance!

Regards,
Bobby

Hi. Were your personal contacts in a certain email account or group? Go to contacts app and see if you can see a button on the top left that says Groups, and hit it and then select All Contacts

When I go to "Contacts" and click on "Groups" button, there's an "exchange" which is a sign but not a button... and below there are 2 buttons - "Contacts" and "Exchange Global Address List". When I hit "Contacts", the limited list of left contacts appear.

I used to have a Iphone 3gs, I retrieved my contacts from my 3gs phone to iphone 4, so they haven't been in any email account or group.

amstelex said:
When I go to "Contacts" and click on "Groups" button, there's an "exchange" which is a sign but not a button... and below there are 2 buttons - "Contacts" and "Exchange Global Address List". When I hit "Contacts", the limited list of left contacts appear.

I used to have a Iphone 3gs, I retrieved my contacts from my 3gs phone to iphone 4, so they haven't been in any email account or group.

Ok...what did you use to retrieve them? I mean what program?

itunes...however, since i retrieved my contacts from my former iphone, I eventually lost my itunes because my pc broke and I haven't sync my iphone 4 up with itunes since then

amstelex said:
itunes...however, since i retrieved my contacts from my former iphone, I eventually lost my itunes because my pc broke and I haven't sync my iphone 4 up with itunes since then
I
Best solution to backup contacts is a free app called MyContacts Backup from app store. Download it and see if it sees or counts all your contacts for backup

What ios are you on?

just downloaded the app and it counted all my contacts (>200)...I backed them up but they are still not available / visible in the "Contacts folder. Did I do anything wrong? Why can't I still see them as before?

amstelex said:
just downloaded the app and it counted all my contacts (>200)...I backed them up but they are still not available / visible in the "Contacts folder. Did I do anything wrong? Why can't I still see them as before?

Ok listen. Did you email yourself the vcf file that the app made? If yes, go to your email and click on the attachment and it will ask you if you want it to restore/merge your contacts and click yes and tell me if you see them.

Also since you are on ios 5, you should have backed up contacts on icloud as well

Thank you for the help, I don't know which of your advice worked, maybe all, but last I turned on iCloud back-up on my Contacts and then All contacts and ICloud contactts appeared in the Group field. Greetings from Bulgaria and once again thank you :)

amstelex said:
Thank you for the help, I don't know which of your advice worked, maybe all, but last I turned on iCloud back-up on my Contacts and then All contacts and ICloud contactts appeared in the Group field. Greetings from Bulgaria and once again thank you :)

Awesome! Have a great one and greetings to Bulgaria as well! Been there for concerts many times!

Been to Tampa, Fl and Thessaloniki, too...even twice at each place. Appreciate your help, patience and guidance to fix this issue. It's not that common these days. Let the good comes your way soon!

Hi friends. I am new to the forum but it is not why I am writing here. I have just enabled iCloud Contact sync on my iPhone and suddenly all my contacts disappeared from my iPhone contact list? Is this normal? I feel extremely nervous right now.

Hi friends. I am new to the forum but it is not why I am writing here. I have just enabled iCloud Contact sync on my iPhone and suddenly all my contacts disappeared from my iPhone contact list? Is this normal? I feel extremely nervous right now.

Hi Oapley and welcome to the forums. Unfortunately we would need more information about the problem as you describe it rather vaguely. This could be something temporary here is what I found once I Googled iPhone contacts disappear.

Hi, I've been reading the post about making contacts visible on the iPhone 4s. I bought one yesterday and used google sync to transfer my contacts to the iPhone from my blackberry device. All contacts were transferred successfully but now they seem to have disappeared a few stays with contacts/exchange/groups but they are emails only. Any suggestions on how to get them back. I've tried getting them back from google sync but not working and already wiped BB clean. Please help someone.....