What's new

Hi to everyone

stevebills

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. I live in Manchester near Man United and I wished I had found this place last year
I jailbroke my phone last year and it's version is 4.0.1 8a306 and am I best leaving it like this?
I am interested in mwifi4 if I like it I will buy it!
I have been told it it will turn my phone into a wifi modem is that true?

Last edited by a moderator:
hello manchester! and welcome to the forum.. do you rely on unlock? or did you buy it from apple sim free? if you bought it say locked to vodafone and are trying to use it with orange or 3 or what ever network then you need to worry about the baseband, though you would have to be on baseband 01.59 so atm it makes no difference either way if you do or not.. i would upgrade to 4.3.2 and then wait for an unlock tool if you need it of course..

also please read the rules before posting.. http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-4-12/forum-rules-please-read-3028/

i know you said you would buy the tool if you liked it but any talk of cracked apps is not allowed regardless of if you might buy it later :)

thanks

hello manchester! and welcome to the forum.. do you rely on unlock? or did you buy it from apple sim free? if you bought it say locked to vodafone and are trying to use it with orange or 3 or what ever network then you need to worry about the baseband, though you would have to be on baseband 01.59 so atm it makes no difference either way if you do or not.. i would upgrade to 4.3.2 and then wait for an unlock tool if you need it of course..

also please read the rules before posting.. http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-4-12/forum-rules-please-read-3028/

i know you said you would buy the tool if you liked it but any talk of cracked apps is not allowed regardless of if you might buy it later :)

thanks

i got the phone when They came out last year on o2 on contract it was £29.99 for a 16gb and I jail broke it soon after I dont need it unlocked to other networks as my contract runs till feb next year!

then you dont need to worry about what firmware or baseband its on, thats only for unlockers :)

you might want to save shsh blobs so you can downgrade firmware but i never do that but its up to you if you think you will need to downgrade at some point, people mainly use it so they can jailbreak if one is taking too long to be released for new firmware