What's new

Hi folks

pacanis

Reaction score
I have been looking forward to this moment for a few years. And in just four more days... I will own an iPhone.
Verizon customer, because they have the best coverage here, and still rockin'the original droid. As much as I hate this phone, from the sound quality to the mind of its own, I have had this phone longer than any other. I had a brief stint with Sprint a couple months ago trying out the BB flip phone, but poor coverage and a pathetic app store had me sticking with Verizon and holding out for something better to come along. And I think it has, though if 5 is an iPhone flip, I'll shoot myself, lol.

I am looking forward to using a less clunky phone (if I wanted a larger screen I'd get a tablet) and using what I am hoping is just as solid a platform as the BBs. Some companies are synonomous with quality and going with Apple can only be a major upgrade from my previous phone. I'm not a power user, just someone who wants a phone good for making calls, keeping appointments and with a few cool apps.

Thanks for the welcomes.
And thanks for the tips links, iCrank. I wasn't sure what advice/tips would still be good for the 4S, so didn't want to read too many older posts and stickies on using the device until it came out. It's nice to read through stuff that is still relevant. Lots of good tips in there.

I didn't read through everything... I'd rather do that with the phone in hand... and at work, lol... but am I to understand that apps need killed to preserve battery life? That was something we thought when the Droid first came out, but later found out it was a waste of time. Ending an app that isn't really using resources doesn't do much of anything on a Droid.

Hello and welcome to the forum.......