What's new

Hi everyone!

mlneves

Reaction score
I should have introduced myself earlier, but better late than never :)

I'm an user from Brazil and I started using Apple products back in the 3GS era when I got one near for free.

Before getting this first IPhone I shared a quite common view that Apple's products were too expensive but it completely changed my mind.

Now me and my wife own a MacBook Air, a MacBook Pro, two iPad 2 and 2 iPhones 4 and do not look back.

I can only hope Apple will improve the price of the new IPhone 4S as it was released in Brazil for US$ 1.700,00 for the 64gb model. I could buy another MacBook for that price.

you guys pay some crazy insane prices on the iphone 4S for the stamp duties i think wad the reason the price is so high

thomasjtsi said:
Welcome to iPF.net!! Wow... $1700 USD for a 64gb 4S, that's crazy!!

The craziest thing is that one of the mobile operators here sold 2000 of them in the first day it became available.

Some blogs around here proved that it's almost the same it would cost someone to go to the US and just buy one there. The difference is the tickets + the 4S would cost around 10 US Dollars more.

Unleashed said:
you guys pay some crazy insane prices on the iphone 4S for the stamp duties i think wad the reason the price is so high

Actually many here belie it's simple corporate greed in action. Our import tax for electronics is 50%. So a 4S 64gb with shipping and import tax should cost around US$ 1.200,00 here for an unlocked version.

Someone along the line is making a US$ 500 profit per unit sold.

Actually many here belie it's simple corporate greed in action. Our import tax for electronics is 50%. So a 4S 64gb with shipping and import tax should cost around US$ 1.200,00 here for an unlocked version.

Definitely sounds like price gouging if you ask me!!

The prices are around the same in europe for unlocked devices 900 euros or 700 uk pounds for the 64GB version but in dollars its roughly the same as what you would pay