What's new

Hi all

AndyCouchman

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm as you may all have guessed (not exactly rocket science to work out).
I've resisted having a touchscreen phone till now, previously using a Nokia E71, the E72. I was with Voda but now hate them with a vengence! (Long story)
So, tried one month rolling contract with Tesco (which use O2 masts); £27.50 a month for 3000 min and 5000 texts; pretty good deal.

Have had a mobile continuously from 1989 with the "Motorola brick phone".
(I never had the original so called mobile; the one which was a briefcase and and a telephone handset on the top).
The brick cost £1000 on a contract as there wasnt such things as sim free or PAYG then. Calls were 75p a minute. It was a great release though from being glued to the house for standby duties as then i was an airline captain with BMA (BMI as now).

Back to the present, i was browsing Tesco Mobile site and noticed they offer
iPhone 4 with same mins/texts for not much more, for a 2 year contract and having decided i was happy with Tescos, decided to go for it.

Now awaiting delivery of my new toy!

In the meantime, i ordered a Griffin Survivor case for itl; the last thing i want to do is scratch and drop it the moment i get it.
I did do this once before; i really wanted the Motorola Startac so ordered one the day it came out. Paid £600 to get it new unlocked and was having a
celebration lunch re my new present to myself; went to the loo and yes you
guessed it, dropped it down the loo! ARghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh £600 "literally" down the drain!

I look forward to playing with it!

Although i love mobiles and always have, i do feel rather sad having mobiles as a "hobby"
Is it just me or do others of you feel like this?

Regards

Andy

We all feel the same way, Andy.... And thanks for a fine write-up. Very interesting.

Welcome to the forum and we look forward to more of your messages in the future.