What's new

Hi all!

stacrhee

Reaction score
The threads here are great!

I'm trying to buy an unlocked, jailbroken 3GS this week ("Wait 'til the 5 comes out!" "Get at least an iPhone 4!" I know, I know, but I'm moving to China next week so I need this fast).

Should I get one with 4.3.2 or 4.1 OS? Primarily here to ask about the battery life of each!

Please help out if you can :) Thanks!

i would get the 4.. and get one factory unlocked so you dong have problems with unlock... the 3gs will soon get no more firmware updates and be as useless as the iphone of 2007.. it would be a waste to get it

Hello. Welcome to the forum. I will advice you to go for the 4 if cash is not your concern. And BTW why don't you wait to be in China and buy it from there? Battery life of the iphone is really great and the latest firmware for it is 4.3.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the time I saw this, I had bought a 3GS :(

So if the firmware doesn't get updated, does that mean it will lose the functions it already has as a 3GS? I don't mind it not getting further updated as long as the functions and apps it already has will continue to work..

By the time I saw this, I had bought a 3GS :(

So if the firmware doesn't get updated, does that mean it will lose the functions it already has as a 3GS? I don't mind it not getting further updated as long as the functions and apps it already has will continue to work..

Everything will work the way it's working now. Don't worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome,

I think you will still get updates for another year yet. The 3G has only recently stopped receiving updates. You won't loose any functions but some apps may stop working as they get updated to work with newer updates/devices...