What's new

hey guys, new here check out my phone

m8r8j

Reaction score
hey guys, just did my first jailbreak about a week ago (i used jailbreakme.com 3.0)

i have a verizon iphone 4 black, running 4.2.8, with an apple black bumper

i like to keep my phone as clean looking as possible, and i DO NOT USE WINTERBOARD (ive heard too many bad things, aka battery life/slowness of phone from running in the background) i only use cydia tweaks because i feel like it keeps my phone snappy and fresh.

anyways my tweaks are:
black keyboard - just looks good
clean status - to keep my status bar to a minimum
fake clock up - makes the phone feel super fast (i use x1.6)
folder closer - closes the folders after i open an app (is awesome)
gray scale icons - as you can see
icon renamer - to delete my icon names without using winterboard
mobile volume sound - i love the noise of the volume buttons on a mac
no bookmarks - fixed my only pet peeve about safari
no page dots - keeps a cleaner home screen
no spot - i never used spotlight search anyway
no wiggle - i feel like i can close apps out of my multitask tray faster
trickslide - cool unlock slider
6 switcher - one of my favorite tweaks, so useful

anyways heres some screen shots let me know what you think (im a huge gearhead thats a big block chevy in a drag boat as wallpaper):
photo2f.png

photoky.png

photo3i.png

photo4l.png

nice. good job on the jailbreak. lol and by the way welcome to the star fleet.

haha I went on jailbreakme.com and pressed install and it was like I downloaded cydia from the apple app store and that was it... that simple

Welcome to the forums, and good work on your phone!

However, I have to say in defence of Winterboard, you heard wrong. Whilst there may be plenty of old and badly designed themes available for Winterbaord which certainly do have the potential to drain your batter faster or cause other problems, the core application itself is very stable and does not need to be avoided. Same goes for most of the newer iOS4 / iPhone4 specific themes.
Like most things in the jailbreaking world, folks spread horror stories about the experiences of others, which if they had done a little research could easily have been resolved or avoided. Things have moved on since the first days of the 3G! Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is you are absolutely entitled to theme any way you want, but don't avoid Winterboard on the basis of things you heard which are likely exaggerated and out of date :)

Here's my current Winterboard set-up, and I can tell you my battery life is fine...

d088af60.jpg

Look forward to seeing how your phone evolves over time!

Last edited:
it's big though... 640x960 I think

the colors are so vivid it looks so good on the ip4 retna