What's new

Hey everyone!

iStefan

Reaction score
Whats up community im new here. Im a huge cell phone fan (Apple, Android, Blackberry, all of them!) I work for AT&T so im always in the know for new things to come. Im pretty experienced with phones and computers on the tech end and on the repair end. If you have any questions, comments or concerns or need help with your phone bill ;) hit me up!

Hello and welcome! its nice to have an ATT employee here at the forum! there are many members with problems or questions that will be happy to be able to ask some one who works for ATT :)

So the latest news I read about the AT&T customers who use mywi and tethere with out a plan for tethering, will the company fine those who have been warned or over done it? A lot of people have had texts already about it.

So the latest news I read about the AT&T customers who use mywi and tethere with out a plan for tethering, will the company fine those who have been warned or over done it? A lot of people have had texts already about it.

Honestly i dont know. I would have to look into the legal end of the company to find the answer. An interesting topic branching off of that however is the much hated $25 and $15 data plans for smartphones. The reason behind the elimination of the unlimited data package (unless you grandfathered it) is because of customers using jailbroken iPhones and other devices as wireless access points through third party apps using Cydia, etc. This was clogging up the AT&T network and running up their bandwidth. So in order for AT&T to stop that, they deployed the new data plans... Now im here wondering why the other carriers dont do this to stop the use of rooted/jailbroken iPhones and Androids with this free tethering app... they all offer unlimited plans still -_-

Honestly i dont know. I would have to look into the legal end of the company to find the answer. An interesting topic branching off of that however is the much hated $25 and $15 data plans for smartphones. The reason behind the elimination of the unlimited data package (unless you grandfathered it) is because of customers using jailbroken iPhones and other devices as wireless access points through third party apps using Cydia, etc. This was clogging up the AT&T network and running up their bandwidth. So in order for AT&T to stop that, they deployed the new data plans... Now im here wondering why the other carriers dont do this to stop the use of rooted/jailbroken iPhones and Androids with this free tethering app... they all offer unlimited plans still -_-

yeah i can imagine that the 3g network becomes as slow as trying to use gprs or the edge network lol.. i do notice most the carriers say unlimited but once you reach 500mb or 1gb they say thats your 3g cut off or you pay X amount for how ever long of 3g usage..

people also use a 3g un restrictor to download files over 20mb on 3g or facetime.

but no one wants to pay extra for tethering, some one said its like adsl they used to try charge extra for people using routers and thinks att will fail to gain extra cash from customers.

I agree with all that for a couple reasons. I had a customer wanting a HTC Inspire (good choice haha) but he wanted it only and I repeat ONLY for the tethering abilities. Now at AT&T we have the 4gb tethering for $45 a month... It makes no sense to me considering you can get better Internet through an actually provider for a little more than that a month and have up to 100mbps speeds via Ethernet. why would anyone financial or tech wise want 3G speeds through an Inspire tether. I gave him what he wanted none the less but I'm still baffled haha.

lol really? thats crazy! and 4GB was enough for him? i mean over a cell phone it would be plenty for me i think but him tethering.. but maybe its the mobility, being able to tethere any where instead of having the connection at home and then paying extra for a 3g connection when on the move.. it makes sense kind of.. but not using the phone for calls or anything just tethering? weird lol and that specific model? maybe you can tether with out jailbreak? i never had a htc, my cousin told me that they are very un reliable

I had the Evo/still have the Evo and I love it. The possibilities are endless with them customization wise but I did miss the simplicity of the iPhone. Plus my phone bill is like $40 a month for unlimited everything haha ;) so sorry sprint and Evo you lose.