What's new

Help with unjailbreaking then re jailbreaking

Pfl212

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm set up with an appointment with apple to see whats wrong with my iPhone but first i want to un jailbreak It so they don't get any ideas. After I leave I'm going to have to jailbreak again. Any tips on how to unjailbreak and then re jailbreak or how to restore a jailbroken iPhone without getting stuck in loop circles? Then a guide on jailbreaking to newest software and baseband? This is an iPhone 4 and currently on 4.3.2, baseband 4.10.01. Download links and tutorials would be appreciated. Thanks!by the way what are the chances of apple actually replacing my phone for a new one? Home button occasionally works and then doesnt. Have to press numerous times for it to respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connect the device to your computer and open up iTunes, then use iTunes to restore it. After the repair, you can use redsnow to jailbreak it again. But before you restore the iOS to factory, get pkg backup from cydia to backup your cydia apps/tweaks, also backup your iPhone in iTunes.

Connect the device to your computer and open up iTunes, then use iTunes to restore it. After the repair, you can use redsnow to jailbreak it again. But before you restore the iOS to factory, get pkg backup from cydia to backup your cydia apps/tweaks, also backup your iPhone in iTunes.

I've restored many iPhones that have been jailbroken and after the restore most of them went in a loop gave me errors like 1015 and 3051 I think.

I've restored many iPhones that have been jailbroken and after the restore most of them went in a loop gave me errors like 1015 and 3051 I think.

There are ways to fix those error messages from iTunes.

How

How

Most of the iTunes errors are listed in google each error with the explanation of what it means. Once you know what is the error about you can cure it. If your phone was jailbreak and you are trying to upgrade the iOS using iTunes you might have to modify some iTunes files in your system, some error comes up because of iTunes is not up to date, some because of the USB cable, some error because of your firewall or antivirus, some because of your Internet connection, some because of bonjour software, some because you are trying to downgrade and which iTunes doesn't allow. Googling about the error iTunes showed to you will tells you what the error is about and might also tells you how to cure the error.

Of apple fault the home button I'm 99% sure they will replace it for you...

Of apple fault the home button I'm 99% sure they will replace it for you...

Let's hope so. But then again it sometimes stops then works. It's really random

I went up with the 3GS a few weeks ago complaining of a battery issue. They ran all the tests and it showed that I had recently restored the phone. Everything showed the phone was fine. This is what the apple genius said...

Well from what I can see your phone is perfectly fine, but you wouldn't of come all this way if you weren't experiencing problems so I'll just replace it for you anyway