What's new

Help with Jailbreak URGENT!!

mystikmonk

Reaction score
i am using an factory unlocked iPhone4. while upgrading to a new firmware i think i messed up somewhere and now my phone is a box :(
i'll write step by step what i did so if anyone can please suggest as to how i can make this work. i have done jailbreaking before too, but this time it went wrong somewhere :(

ok so i was running firmware iPhone3,1_4.2.1_8C148 on baseband 2.10.04
that would mean i had upgraged the firmware without upgrading my baseband

what i did was i tried to upgrade to 4.3.5 by following the iClarified.com tutorial
everything went on fine and when it was done restoring it displayed a 1013 error message.
and since that i m getting this connect to itunes thingy on my iPhone. even when i connect to itunes it does nothing but asks to restore and even when i restore it displays the same error message 1013.

after that even though i tried to jailbreak it using redsnow, but still the same :(

please help i know i messed it up somewhere, would be really greatful if someone came up with a solution :)

thanks!

Firstly because you are on a factory unlocked device it really makes no difference what baseband your on so forget the baseband it really makes no difference...

Just do a DFU mode + restore and it will put you on the latest 4.3.5 firmware.

Firstly because you are on a factory unlocked device it really makes no difference what baseband your on so forget the baseband it really makes no difference...

Just do a DFU mode + restore and it will put you on the latest 4.3.5 firmware.

Agreed. Forget about baseband. DFU + Restore = Problem Solved...

Most importantly, you need to make certain the IPSW you're using matches exactly that currently on the phone, which from what I gather is 4.3.5 if you just updated through iTunes. 4.3.5 is not yet broken, so if you're trying to jailbreak it, it won't work until you downgrade the firmware from 4.3.5 to 4.3.4 (search the web for 'downgrade 4.3.5 to 4.3.4' and you'll find several guides; it's essentially just replacing the 4.3.4 IPSW where'd you'd shift+Restore w/ fw, 4.3.5). Even still, you're only option for a JB is a tethered jailbreak, or none at all.

Once you've done that and you've got the IPSW handy (4.3.4 if you've successfully downgraded), DFU mode + use the latest version of redsn0w to install cydia & then to boot tethered. When you see the pineapple, you can take a breath.

I was running the same firmware you were, did the same thing (except out of necessity rather than experimentally) , and following the guides I found -all too readily available; search engines are your friend), I was able to get my phone JB'd.

Lastly, lest I'm unaware of something; I'm not familiar with factory unlocks, and while I'm aware the baseband is irrelevant, I've never seen anything that would indicate the firmware to behave differently.

thanks for all the suggestions!
i did try to kick my iphone out of recovery using tinyumbrella, but it didnt work so i guess now i'll try with 4.3.4 as Anarion has suggested.
thanks again every one :)

No difference between 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 as far as jail breaking goes. It's 4.3.3 you want for an untethered jailbreak...