What's new

Help with IOS7 upgrade

nofiveof7

Reaction score
I went to sync my iPhone 5 with iTunes and it said there was an upgrade on the IOS7. So I clicked to upgrade. That was over 2 hours ago and iTunes just says "extracting software". I think its stuck. I tried to close iTunes but it wouldn't close. I read in the help section to reboot the computer? Do I leave the phone plugged in or unplug it? Or should I do something else??? Thanks!!

Wipe the phone clean. Reset all settings back to factory and update to 7. After that restore from back up on iTunes

Unplug the phone.

Wipe the phone clean. Reset all settings back to factory and update to 7. After that restore from back up on iTunes

Unplug the phone.

You might as well backup to iTunes and perform a fresh restore rather than an upgrade to iOS 7 then.

How can he reset all setting and reset his iphone if it's stuck in "extracting software" ?

How can he reset all setting and reset his iphone if it's stuck in "extracting software" ?
He says on iTunes, meaning on his PC. Hard reset can be done by holding the home button and power button simultaneously for some time, irrespective of what you are doing.