What's new

Help with bluetooth hesdset snd audible!

tdelfie03

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 5 and when I try to listen to audio books from audible with my Bluetooth headset it cuts out so bad I can't listen to my book. Does anyone know of a fix for this issue? Any help will be much appreciated.

Last edited:
May be a problem with the headset. Make sure it's charged up. You may want to try a factory restore in case something didn't install properly. If that don't work try getting your hands on a friends or family members bluetooth headset and give that a try. If it works it may just be a compatibility issue with the one you're using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the second headset I have tried. Already did a factory restore a network reset and tried deleting audible and reinstalling it. Phone calls and music work fine it's only my audio books.

This is the second headset I have tried. Already did a factory restore a network reset and tried deleting audible and reinstalling it. Phone calls and music work fine it's only my audio books.

How does the audiobook sound with the speakers on the phone or through regular headset? Do all books sound bad? How about audio books through some other app?

The regular headphones work fine as does the speaker. I have audio books from the library and it does the same thing.

Sounds like the app may have issues with BT if it works fine through speaker and headphones but not BT and other apps work fine with BT.

Thank you for all the help! I decided to go with a reg Bluetooth headset as opposed to headphones. The mono earpiece seems to work fine.

Yes You need to experiment to see if its the app (try uninstall & reinstall) or headset thats causing the problem.

Couple of things to check:
1) is WiFi active on the iPhone?
2) perhaps move iPhone in closer proximity to headset.

Some headsets are NOT very robust in the Bluetooth radio and can't abide the least bit of interference.