What's new

Help with 3GS please.

KILLonii

Reaction score
Hi. I recently updated my mums 3GS from 4.1 (i think) to iOS 6, because Facebook app needed 4.3 or higher. The phone was jailbroken. Now when i try to setup the phone it says it cannot be activated and it doesn't detect sim card. If you could help i would be grateful.Thanks.

What the iPhone using an Unlock tool for use on a wireless provider other than it was originally locked to?

Sorry i don't really understand what you mean. If you're asking what service provider it was locked to, than it's Optus (Aussie Provider). But later on we got it unlocked when the contract finished.

And we've been using Optus all the time.

You can restore your iphone through iTunes. Just make sure you have any photos or contacts already saved. Or you can of course jail break your IPhone 3GS since its supported to be jailbroken on ios 6 and check the activate option when you jailbreak.

You can do restore with redsnow. Latest version gives you abillity to restore ipsw without itunes.

You can restore your iphone through iTunes. Just make sure you have any photos or contacts already saved. Or you can of course jail break your IPhone 3GS since its supported to be jailbroken on ios 6 and check the activate option when you jailbreak.

When i clicked restore on iTunes, it still said that it can't be activated

Now it just says there is no simcard in the phone (says this on iTunes) and there are no buttons to click

Download official 5.1.1
Download latest redsnow, b3 version
If you have shsh on tour pc for 5.1.1 putt it in the same folder as ipsw and redsnow.
Put your phone in dfu mode, open redsnow, extras/even more/restore ipsw. You will see rest in redsnow.

Download official 5.1.1
Download latest redsnow, b3 version
If you have shsh on tour pc for 5.1.1 putt it in the same folder as ipsw and redsnow.
Put your phone in dfu mode, open redsnow, extras/even more/restore ipsw. You will see rest in redsnow.

Very misleading. Not every problem can be solved by restoring using RedSn0w.

To solve your problem, you'll need to deactivate the iPhone long enough for you to put an unlock on it. You can use UltraSn0w, which is free, if your baseband allows it. You can flash the iPad Baseband on your 3GS, jailbreak and deactivate your iPhone in one go, then go onto your iPhone, get UltraSn0w from Cydia and unlock your iPhone. iOS 6.0 does have an untethered jailbreak for the 3GS

willerz2 said:
Very misleading. Not every problem can be solved by restoring using RedSn0w.

To solve your problem, you'll need to deactivate the iPhone long enough for you to put an unlock on it. You can use UltraSn0w, which is free, if your baseband allows it. You can flash the iPad Baseband on your 3GS, jailbreak and deactivate your iPhone in one go, then go onto your iPhone, get UltraSn0w from Cydia and unlock your iPhone. iOS 6.0 does have an untethered jailbreak for the 3GS

+1 on this